Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2014, 04:57 AM   #1

Default Fun Finder TROUBLE

We bought a 2014 Fun Finder 266 KIRB last year at the Harrisburg RV show. We have nothing but trouble since we got it. It is sitting at the dealer again with slide issues. The same slide two times now, in 3 camping trips. Now they are going to have it for 2-3 weeks, which im sure will wind up into a month. Last camping trip I had to use the over-ride to get slide to work. Then the furnace wouldn't work. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues. Hoping we didn't make a BIG mistake

bsones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to shadow

I have had very few problems, others have had big problems but that is the case with all rv mfg... I would force your dealer to run everything heavily to see what fails. I had a problem with my a/c so I parked it in the driveway and ran it until the a/c failed, this forced a warranty replacement.

shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #3

I hope its just a fluke, but im having my doubts. There a lot of quality control problems that should have been taking care of at the factory. One of the speakers don't work, wires for the led lights at bottom of trailer hanging out under the cap, panel behind the toilet barely on the wall, and like I said the slide wouldn't go in for them, the day I was suppose to pick it up.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #4

Default Yikes!

It sounds like a lemon -- that is rare, but it does happen with all manufacturers. I am a very happy Cruiser customer (this is my second), but I don't doubt for a minute that you are having trouble.

Is your dealer being helpful or are they stonewalling? It should not take so long to get things fixed, unless their repair facility is backed up.

In the old pre-Internet days, we consumers had no leverage. Now there is Yelp and Google Reviews and so forth -- this gives the dealer an incentive to get busy.

Hang in there and let us know how it is going. You did not make a mistake in choosing Cruiser -- this could have happened with almost any brand (even Airstream!) -- but you may have gotten unlucky.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #5

They say they are backed up, they told me 2-3 weeks this Friday will be the third week since they had it. Time will tell
Old 06-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #6

Almost forgot, I asked the dealer if they where going to extend the warranty on the slide that is giving me all the issues, and there answer was that I should buy the extended coverage....
Old 06-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to shadow

might check with Good Sam they seem to have some pretty good plans. Not a bad idea getting extended warranty for another 1-2 years, one repair would pay the premiums for sure
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #8

Default Fun Finder problems

Looking for some help. I own a 2012 Fun Funder Xtra 276 which has had nothing but problems. I'm looking for others that would be willing to tell me their story. I'm taking Cruiser RV, Lippert and Rocky MT Rv to Small Claims Court March 9th, 2015 due to all the problems I'm having with my trailer. I have only used it once but have had nothing but problems ranging from cabinets pulling away from the ceiling, windows not opening, doors not closing, pipes leaking, bathroom wall moving, trim falling off, bathroom cabinet pulling away from wall, electrical problems, sewer pipes leaking, frame problems, gaps in the roof with it moving, most of the wall and door paper pealing off and binding at the window corners, the rear bed being wired incorrectly to name just a few. If anyone has had these types of problems please contact me at tooltimeval@embarqmail.com.

TTlover is offline   Reply With Quote