Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-10-2010, 06:44 AM   #1

Default Fun Finder XTRA XT-276 - Comparable models

I have a 2011 Tundra 5.7 with tow package and am looking at the 276 as a possible toy hauler.

Can anyone give me an honest assessment of this vs other comparable brand/models?

My goal here is to have a great toy hauler (for road racing at SE tracks) that can be towed well by my tundra.

Thanks for any opinions!

bandrews001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #2

hey there, I have a 2008 Tundra 5.7 4x4 and we just purchased back in June a 2011 XT275. We live in FL and I purchased it in VA. It towed like a dream and I had to keep looing in the rear view mirror to make sure it was still there. We love the 275 but was so mad that the 276 came out 1 month later. Our biggest frustration is the size of the shower. I see they fixed that problem with the 276 by adding a larger shower and bathroom all together. The dinette side is also a big improvement over just the slide out sofa. I would look to trade again but it's not worth the time and especially the money to trade for the exact unit with a few better mods. For the money and the weight it's the best toy hauler we could find in my opinion

starbuc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #3

Thanks!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #4

imho i beleive they are the best built small trailer. they have been around since about 2005 so therefore they have lasted and been built long enough to have the mfgr work out the kinks. not many others have been built for so long and so sucessful. Let me recommend Hunter at Allseasons rv,, he has been selling them since they were first built and he knows them as good or better than any, he is honest and will give you the best price anywhere without all the run around. the number is 231 739 5269.
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #5

Ended up getting the Tundra and XT-276! You guys are gonna be hearing a lot more from me!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandrews001
Ended up getting the Tundra and XT-276! You guys are gonna be hearing a lot more from me!
Congrats. Like my other post says, I wish we had the 276 instead of the 275. Went to the RV show here in Tampa a few weeks ago and got to lucky to see a 276. The extra room is nice, the larger bath is a dream and the dinette makes all the difference. We have used ours about 4 times and the only funfinder extra dealer in FL who had the 276 wanted like over $8K or higher to trade up. I told them to stick it...lol Anyways have fun
Old 04-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #7

Default Towing the XT

I just bought a new XT 276. First trip I burned up the rear end on my Chevrolet Avalanche and I mean burned up. Well, $3300 later, I'm looking for something else quickly. The Avalanche really struggled with the 3.73 rear end and 5.3 pulling this trailer. I would LOVE to hear more details about the Toyota Tundra and how it pulls the 275 or 276 up hills and in wind. I was bucking about a 35 mph wind when mine cratered. Please provide more details.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #8

Default Re: Towing the XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunFinderFirstTimer
I just bought a new XT 276. First trip I burned up the rear end on my Chevrolet Avalanche and I mean burned up. Well, $3300 later, I'm looking for something else quickly. The Avalanche really struggled with the 3.73 rear end and 5.3 pulling this trailer. I would LOVE to hear more details about the Toyota Tundra and how it pulls the 275 or 276 up hills and in wind. I was bucking about a 35 mph wind when mine cratered. Please provide more details.
I was a chevy guy all my life until 6 years ago when I switched to Toyota. The 276 and my 275 should weigh just about the same at around 5600#. Something must have already been brewing in your avalanche for you to have that problem towing the weight you were. But as I said, I switched to Toyota. I got sick of things breaking at 36001 miles when the warranty expired. I have had my Tundra a little over 3 years and it's by far the best vehichle I have ever owned. I'm not sure of the gear ratio but I have to say it will pull a house down in my opinion. Also, the tundra is rated at 10500 towing capacity. I'm sure the avalanche is probably around 6000 or maybe 7. As stated in my earlier post, I bought the trailer in VA and had to navigate some steep grades and the tundra pulled it with ease. Even when we are fully loaded with a 800# golf cart in the rear, it still tows exceptionally well. Some people have said that they have had even better results shifting in manual mode while navigating hills. Lucky you that you got the 276 over the 275. The floor plan is so much better. The only thing I could have done without was the wierd picnic style table in the rear garage of the 276. We have the folding couch but use it exclusivley as a bed. I would have been happier without the couch and just had the flat board so I could have got a nice mattress. You will however realize that you will have to change out the front mattress. It's very, very cheap and after 3 or 4 trips, you will see that it will sag like crazy. We love the fun finder and have had 6 great trips so far in our first 9 months of owning it. Good luck and let me know if you run into any issues with yours
Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #9

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The Avalanche is a 2007 with 122k miles. There was a problem in the rear that I heard as a low growl but did not attribute to the rear end. I actually thought is was my worn out tires that I intended to replace. Burned it up pretty badly. Thing is, it was not pulling it all that well. I was holding about 60 mph but it was struggling to get it done and all over the road even with the weight distribution hitch / sway bar. I don't know what you are referring too on the back. I have a electric bed / couch that raises and lowers. It makes a couch toward the back and front and folds down to make a full size queen. I don't have the table you referenced. Two nights in it and we really enjoyed it. Everything worked except the water pump spit and pumped air badly. Don't know why.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunFinderFirstTimer
Thanks for taking the time to reply. The Avalanche is a 2007 with 122k miles. There was a problem in the rear that I heard as a low growl but did not attribute to the rear end. I actually thought is was my worn out tires that I intended to replace. Burned it up pretty badly. Thing is, it was not pulling it all that well. I was holding about 60 mph but it was struggling to get it done and all over the road even with the weight distribution hitch / sway bar. I don't know what you are referring too on the back. I have a electric bed / couch that raises and lowers. It makes a couch toward the back and front and folds down to make a full size queen. I don't have the table you referenced. Two nights in it and we really enjoyed it. Everything worked except the water pump spit and pumped air badly. Don't know why.
They actually had to change my water pump out when they were prepping for delivery due to the same problem. They actually changed it out with an upgraded shurflo pump which I was happy with then the owner said they had to remove it because it would void the trailer warranty. The last 276 I looked at had this goofy power bed in the rear that had a 6 ft banquet type table pop out the middle so people could sit around it like a picnic table. I think I have the same tri-fold couch as yourself. Have fun with it. It's a great unit