Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,782
Default

That distance away is a bummer. The dealer I purchased from is just shy of 400 miles away ... about a 6 hour drive. However, to my advantage, have never needed to return for anything and only made 1 phone call for some info once.

I do wish you the best for a positive resolution.

If that is not forthcoming, "Trailer Life" magazine can/will act as an intermeditary for a resolution with the manufacturer and they have countless success events.
__________________

__________________
2012 Fun Finder XT 276 Toy Hauler & Harley Davidson Ultra Classic with Condor wheel chock
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 AT 4X4 Crew Cab 6.4 L Hemi, 373 gears, tow package, Rambox option, Revolver X2 tonneau cover, Equal-I-zer anti-sway hitch.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:47 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,790
Default

Ouch. 5 hours.

So let's talk about the leak. Do you know where it is coming from? (Please forgive the preposition at the end of the phrase --I'm tired.) If this is a window, you can take care of that yourself. If it is the roof, not so easy.

Let's hold the door latch for later. One thing at a time!
__________________

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:35 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
michellep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW TN
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Ouch. 5 hours.

So let's talk about the leak. Do you know where it is coming from? (Please forgive the preposition at the end of the phrase --I'm tired.) If this is a window, you can take care of that yourself. If it is the roof, not so easy.

Let's hold the door latch for later. One thing at a time!
The leak that soaked the bed is the front window. The leak that wrecked the solar charger is who knows! I stuck my hand in the hole in between the two walls as far up and down as I could and I felt no moisture. That one is a puzzle.

The striker plate - factory forgot to put a screw in the top hole of the plate - it's not that the screw was missing; there is no hole drilled there. I don't understand how the door worked for so long (i'd been in and out of the trailer hundreds of times). I'm guessing it just finally let loose from driving and twisting and whatever.

I just think there's going to be trouble (who's fault) because the tech was on the roof. Don't understand how such a large Lance dealer did NOT know that.
__________________
2018 Lance 1475
2013 Nissan Frontier, aka Pretty Red Truck
michellep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:21 AM   #44
Site Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,195
Default

OUCH! Sorry to hear that. Lance trailers are supposed to be high quality. Hopefully the dealer takes good care of you.
__________________
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 210 WBS
Prodigy P3
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:28 AM   #45
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: MI
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellep View Post
Dealership is 5 hours, one way...
uggg what a hike!! I sure hope they will fix all issues. My dealer actually picked my trailer up and delivered it when they didn't get my new weather stripping right, thankfully I found it myself with water hose vs an all day rain. I told them they messed up and could come get it vs me taking back again after 2nd time. Thankfully I'm only 10 minutes from mine. I agree though Lance are a big $$$ trailer and I'd be asking for a trade up for my troubles since lemon was sold to you
im4x4ldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,790
Default

The front window can be fixed -- it is not easy but it is not impossible. You will need two people to get the window in and out. (I'm in the middle of doing the same thing on my trailer -- my original window cracked, so we had to get a new one.)

Is it possible that the water ran from the front window to the solar charger?? It is unlikely that there are two leaks, but maybe there are?
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:10 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
The front window can be fixed -- it is not easy but it is not impossible. You will need two people to get the window in and out. (I'm in the middle of doing the same thing on my trailer -- my original window cracked, so we had to get a new one.)

Is it possible that the water ran from the front window to the solar charger?? It is unlikely that there are two leaks, but maybe there are?
I still maintain that someone who spends good money for a new unit should not have to do the repairs and should instead get monetary compensation and a goal fix. And be put in line before more new sales are fixed.
But I also will always buy used...
__________________
2008 Fun Finder 189 FBR, (replaced by) 1996 Shasta 265DBFW April 2017.
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 (replaced by.....)
2006 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew cab
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,790
Default

The problem here is that she lives 5 hours from the dealer -- it may make more sense to fix it herself, if possible, than to make a ten hour round trip drive twice (once to drop off the trailer, once to pick it up).

Plus, there is the entertainment value -- think of the fun she will have applying butyl tape to the window frame -- woo-hoo!!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,330
Default

That's probably what she will end up doing. Not sure if warranty would be effected though. They depend on people not being willing to pick it up and lose valuable camping time while making payments. Sad state of affairs.
__________________
2008 Fun Finder 189 FBR, (replaced by) 1996 Shasta 265DBFW April 2017.
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 (replaced by.....)
2006 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew cab
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:31 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
michellep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW TN
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Plus, there is the entertainment value -- think of the fun she will have applying butyl tape to the window frame -- woo-hoo!!
Dan, you truly have a sick sense of humor!!!

I'm definitely going to have the dealer to the repairs...like I tell George all the time - WAY above my pay grade. I hope they will be able to find and fix the leaks in one day. Even if it's 2 days, that would only be 1 night hotel.

And, Dan, the leaks are on opposite ends of the trailer - the empty space between the interior walls is about 3/4 toward the rear, and you know where the front window is.

I'll let you guys know! This is my 3rd new trailer with 3 different dealers. FAR more impressed with the Fun Finder dealers, although they have both quit carrying Cruiser products because of their lousy warranty payments...
__________________
2018 Lance 1475
2013 Nissan Frontier, aka Pretty Red Truck
michellep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:19 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellep View Post


I'll let you guys know! This is my 3rd new trailer with 3 different dealers. FAR more impressed with the Fun Finder dealers, although they have both quit carrying Cruiser products because of their lousy warranty payments...
Hummmm ~ wonder if that is why the dealership I made my purchase from no longer carries them ???
__________________
2012 Fun Finder XT 276 Toy Hauler & Harley Davidson Ultra Classic with Condor wheel chock
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 AT 4X4 Crew Cab 6.4 L Hemi, 373 gears, tow package, Rambox option, Revolver X2 tonneau cover, Equal-I-zer anti-sway hitch.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellep View Post
Dan, you truly have a sick sense of humor!!!

I'm definitely going to have the dealer to the repairs...like I tell George all the time - WAY above my pay grade. I hope they will be able to find and fix the leaks in one day. Even if it's 2 days, that would only be 1 night hotel.

And, Dan, the leaks are on opposite ends of the trailer - the empty space between the interior walls is about 3/4 toward the rear, and you know where the front window is.

I'll let you guys know! This is my 3rd new trailer with 3 different dealers. FAR more impressed with the Fun Finder dealers, although they have both quit carrying Cruiser products because of their lousy warranty payments...
Glad to hear you'll take it back. I hope they deal with it right away and I hope they said they are sorry they sold it to you that way too.
__________________
2008 Fun Finder 189 FBR, (replaced by) 1996 Shasta 265DBFW April 2017.
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 (replaced by.....)
2006 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew cab
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:58 AM   #53
Site Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,195
Default

Try contacting Lance and explain the situation - including the guy walking on the roof. Maybe there is an independent closer to you that Lance would work with.
__________________
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 210 WBS
Prodigy P3
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:01 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
michellep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW TN
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ View Post
Try contacting Lance and explain the situation - including the guy walking on the roof. Maybe there is an independent closer to you that Lance would work with.
Already done that, including telling them about the roof. They said I need to go to my dealer, even though it's inconvenient.

Oh, well - it is what it is. Maybe I'll take an extra day and go see the Space Museum.
__________________
2018 Lance 1475
2013 Nissan Frontier, aka Pretty Red Truck
michellep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:05 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,330
Default

Re: fan installation. If you can't walk on the roof how can you inspect and maintain it?
https://lance-camper.pissedconsumer....onsumer.com%2F
__________________
2008 Fun Finder 189 FBR, (replaced by) 1996 Shasta 265DBFW April 2017.
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 (replaced by.....)
2006 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew cab
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:05 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
twinster2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kalamazoo, MI & Leesburg, FL
Posts: 619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Re: fan installation. If you can't walk on the roof how can you inspect and maintain it?
https://lance-camper.pissedconsumer....onsumer.com%2F
I agree. Walking on the roof should not be a problem unless the guy was wearing cleats. I walk on my roof three or four times a year just to inspect and clean it. Besides, standing on the roof is the only way the dealer is going to be able to install a roof fan, unless he is dangling from ropes or standing on scaffolding.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
michellep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW TN
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinster2 View Post
I agree. Walking on the roof should not be a problem unless the guy was wearing cleats. I walk on my roof three or four times a year just to inspect and clean it. Besides, standing on the roof is the only way the dealer is going to be able to install a roof fan, unless he is dangling from ropes or standing on scaffolding.
A Lance roof is different (on the 2 smallest models, mine and 1 up). Straight from Lance to my eyes - the roof cannot be walked or kneeled on.
__________________
2018 Lance 1475
2013 Nissan Frontier, aka Pretty Red Truck
michellep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
twinster2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kalamazoo, MI & Leesburg, FL
Posts: 619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellep View Post
A Lance roof is different (on the 2 smallest models, mine and 1 up). Straight from Lance to my eyes - the roof cannot be walked or kneeled on.
Wow. Is that in the owners manual? Did you know the roof was that fragile before you bought it or is that one of the things they tell after you hand over the check? IMHO, if I knew before hand, I would have probably walked away from the sale because a trailer roof that cannot be walked on is not going to get proper inspections as it gets older, either from the dealer or the owner. Sorry that you are having so much trouble.
__________________
2013 Highlander AWD
2010 Fun Finder 189FBR
Into Camping and RC Flying
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 247
Default

Goodbye Little FunFinder. Your new trailer is really cute, sorry you are having leaks though. That is so frustrating. Love that counter space though. And is that a real chair in there?
__________________
2009 Fun Finder 210 - SOLD
2012 K-Z Durango 245
2011 Z71 2500
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:29 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
michellep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW TN
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti View Post
...And is that a real chair in there?
TWO real chairs - one rocks and swivels; the other only swivels. The one that rocks and swivels is free-standing.
__________________

__________________
2018 Lance 1475
2013 Nissan Frontier, aka Pretty Red Truck
michellep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Fun Finder RV, Cruiser RV, or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×