Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2021, 02:46 PM   #1

Default Good Sam club (stay away)

For all you people who use the Good Sam club or for people who are thinking of using them read on. I have been a member since 2011 and have used them once in 2014 to pull my truck out of some mud I was stuck in with no problem. This Sept my wife and 2 large dogs when away for a planed 12 day trip into the Kootenays in Bc Canada pulling our 189fbs . About 3pm we were pulling into a rest stop to take a break and walk the dogs when someone behind me was honking his horn and flashing his lights. I pulled over and found out my brake on the passenger side was on fire. After some frantic moments of putting out the fire I got the trailer in a safe place and had a look. The front wheel looked bent and I thought the axel was broken. So the Nightmare began with a phone call to Good Sam club thinking I would get some help. After spending the first 10 minutes getting though to talk to someone and answering tons of questions the dispatcher still could not figure out where I was located. (not that hard to find if you google bc parks). She said she would phone back. After 5 more phone calls and still asking the same questions over and over I was told since I was in a safe place and nothing would be open she wanted me to phone back in the morning. Spent the next full day from 7am till 3 pm still with no help and on the phone many more times they said help was on the way and I would get a phone call from a towing company. At about 4pm I get a call from a driver who was sent over 160 km from where I was located. They never even got my location right. never got a call back from Good Sam or the driver. I ended up calling someone in to fix my wheel at a cost of $800. Took me from Tuesday at 3pm to Friday after noon to fix with not one bit of help from Good Sam Club. I had to cancel my reservation at Kootenays park and never made it.
When I got home I phoned this loser company to get my yearly subscription back and wanted an explanation of why I received no help.
The next day someone phone me and asked if my address on file was correct and was told they would refund me. And said he had no explanation.
I think when Good Sam thought it would be an expensive tow they just did nothing and are willing to give my money back and move on. This company does not deserve your business at all. Have a look at some of all the crappy reviews it has. https://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto...ssistance.html Pleas share you nightmare stories on The Bad Sam Club . Marcus Lemonis should spend less time doing the profit show and fix this loser company, after all he says If you not happy I'm not happy. Well I hope hes not happy.

Old 10-02-2021, 08:17 AM   #2

NEVER EVER joined or belonged to any "road side service" outfit ... for RV's or any other vehicles like AAA, etc.
Like most of those so called 'insurances' gimick outfits - your money ahead to simply pay for 'emergency assistance' from a nearby facility if every needed.
Been driving for over 5 decades and never once needed to call for 'emergency assistance' and have traveled much/most of the USA by motorcycle, car, truck and semi.

Old 10-02-2021, 08:18 AM   #3

NEVER EVER joined or belonged to any "road side service" outfit ... for RV's or any other vehicles like AAA, etc.
Like most of those so called 'insurances' gimick outfits - your money ahead to simply pay for 'emergency assistance' from a nearby facility if every needed.
Been driving for over 5 decades and never once needed to call for 'emergency assistance' and have traveled much/most of the USA by motorcycle, car, truck and semi.
Old 10-02-2021, 07:41 PM   #4

I agree with Eagle on this. It's a complete waste of money. Anyway, most things I can fix myself, and for those that I can't, I will pay someone directly if and when I need it. Also, if you are the kind of person that needs to take you RV into a dealer everytime something breaks, you a going to spend a lot of time with it in the shop and not on the road since these insurance programs don't always give you priority service, especially if there is someone else with cash to have a repair done.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 10:21 PM   #5

Mr.Mark is not at all untested in this core business. Just mail him the checks and he'll work on the next quarterly earnings report.
DogsGo2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good sam, roadside assistance