Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-17-2020, 06:38 PM   #1

Default Have no 12 volt power

installed new battery,used all weekend,battery went dead and even with it plugged in to shore power no lights, Help!

Konehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:25 PM   #2

You may have blown the main fuse located in the line from the battery. Mine is hard to see unless looking underneath the hitch by the battery box. It's in a green fuse holder on mine ....other may be different.

Old 08-17-2020, 09:08 PM   #3

Thank you,I have checked all the fuses and even the breakers,only issue is the 12 volt lights.maybe there is a inline fuse between the battery and the inverter?
Would love to get a wiring diagram for a t139 if anyone knows a link?thanks
Konehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:18 AM   #4

Yes, my unit does have an inline fuse about 10" from the battery.

IF blown, the 12 volt system does not function. Found it searching for why my electric tongue jack quit working.

The inline fuse is enclosed in a small rubber type square holder with a flip top, green in color but your's could be any color. I had to get under the hitch to finally see it.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:05 AM   #5
APD

Hey Konehead. It's your vanning buddy CF outta Georgia.
There should be a battery fuse but it may be in an outta the way place. Do you have 12 volts at the fuse panel? If so you can trace from there.
You check for a battery/switch disconnect?
Is it only the lights or everything 12 volts?

BTW are y'all coming to GSVR with the little trailer?
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:25 AM   #6

is the battery block switch pushed in/off, that would disable the battery, mine in X160 is in front storage,
wishuwerehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 01:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konehead View Post
Thank you,I have checked all the fuses and even the breakers,only issue is the 12 volt lights.maybe there is a inline fuse between the battery and the inverter?
Would love to get a wiring diagram for a t139 if anyone knows a link?thanks
Do you have a electrical box attached to your hitch where the light cord and battery wires run through? If so take the cover off and wiggle wires. I had no 12 v power a year ago. Found out it was some loose wires in that box. Tightened them up and power came on.
FunFindsUs! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 03:25 PM   #8

Do you 120V AC going into the converter? If yes then then do you have 12 on the exit of the converter? Yes the converter is good and a no means the converter is bad. If you have isolate it do so. Then check again. The converter could also have blown an internal fuse. You would have to open to check. But in most cases the converters a junk to begin with since they don't give 4 charging stages. To properly maintain your batteries you need 4 stages unless you're running lithium. You need bulk, absorption, float and an equalization stage. If your converter doesn't have it pitch it and get one that does. Pick one that supports the type of battery you have and meets the voltages specified by the manufacturer.