Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2022, 11:23 PM   #1

Default HELP with FF X160 Low Point Valve Shut Off

I am brand new to the trailer owning community and I cannot for the life of me locate the low point valve shut off.

When I turn on the pump for water to the sink, the pump works but simultaneously it pumps water out the bottom of the trailer through what is I assume to be the low point valves. While the valves are pumping water out, they also pump along the back causing water to flow through the compartment under the small bench bed. I don't know if this is a leak or if there is just water pumping out of the valve. I really have no clue and need help for my sanity.

Any responses with diagrams or photos would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

pnwnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 03:20 PM   #2

I'm pretty sure there are no shut off valves for the two low point lines. They should however be capped off to prevent what is happening. If they ARE capped, then a leak in the lines would be the only other explanation I can think of.

Old 05-08-2022, 03:46 PM   #3

Hi pnwnewb
I have the same trailer! I have a video that shows it I took last fall so I could remember how to winterize. But I got interrupted by a friend and I can't seem to edit the interruption out. So, I'll describe instead:

Open the driverside narrow bench seat and look in the section on the right end. There are two water lines - white and red lying side by side on the floor running parallel to the wheel well cover. Each has a join in the middle with a black valve that is NOT A NORMAL CHUCK VALVE. I don't know what it is called but it is a black plug like a cork with a finger ring on top. This is right at center behind the wheel well in this space. I turned each ring to the left so it "raised" and let the water run out. It sounds like you need to turn it to the right so it lowers into place to stop the leaking and correctly close the valve.

As you probably already have discovered, under the floor (under the trailer) at this spot there are two plastic pipes - red and blue - right at center behind the wheel and before the lengthwise support frame. These run to the join where the shut off "plugs" are I described. It took me 3 days to figure this out!!!! LOL. Only because last fall my service folks cancelled my winterization appointment because there was no antifreeze they use - so I had to learn to do it myself!
CarolynJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, low point valve, pumping water out