Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #1

Default Hubodometer?

Has anyone installed a Hubodometer to record trailer miles? I sometime loose track of how many miles I have and when is the next re-pack of my wheel bearings. I have seen prices range from $39 to $107.

LEWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:32 PM   #2

We have a low-tech method of calculating miles towed -- we keep a blog, and there is an entry for every trip. Just by putting the destination into Google Maps, we know how far we went on each round trip. Add it all up at the end of the year, and voila!

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:12 AM   #3
Site Team

I have an even lower-tech method. I don't measure the miles I just do it annually.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:45 AM   #4

My last 2014 Ram and our new 2015 Ram Eco Diesel both have what is called an "EVIC" .... Electronic Vehicle Information Center. This is a computerized display that shows mileage, range of the current tank until empty based on current mpg as well as coolant, oil and tranny temperatures and oil pressure and also the number of hours the engine has been running along with the number of those hours spent at idle.

The towing package includes the towing mirrors as well as the electronic brake control. The gain for the brake controller is displayed as well when you have the trailer connected. Everytime you plug in the trailer harness it knows you are pulling a trailer and gives you the option of selecting the trailer profile should you have more than one trailer. So it knows which trailer is plugged in and it logs the specific mileage for each trailer on the truck isolating it for just those miles that the trailer was plugged in. Is that cool or not

When we traded in the 2014 Ram the odometer showed about 16,700 miles and the trailer mileage showed about 11,000 or so (going from memory here but you get the idea).

Old 01-09-2015, 05:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ
I have an even lower-tech method. I don't measure the miles I just do it annually.

DITTO