Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2016, 03:13 PM   #1

Talking Installing Washing Machine . . . . padding?

Hi all!

For my birthday, my dear husband fulfilled my wish! A washer for the FunFinder! YAY! No more laundries!! We got the Haier 1 cu ft model I washed a 'test' load and it holds a bunch and cleans & spins as well as our big $1000 washer.

Anyway, I think I should put some sort of shock absorber under the washer so the miles of travel (20,000+ so far) don't bounce it too much. It fits EXACTLY in the wardrobe, which I will remodel to hang the clothes higher (blog post to come) I've looked for info on the boards, and haven't found anything.

So - how are washers put in trailers? are they on springs or something to absorb the travel vibration? It will be at the back of the trailer, which is the worst location for bouncing, I think.

I am looking at these: Ideaworks JB6368 S/4 Anti Vibration Pads or these PlumbConnect 500400 Appliance Anti Vibration Pads

But maybe just 2 or 3 layers of those modular anti-fatigue mats?? I already have them! (and I love to use things I already own)

I don't want them for the vibration (although that is probably a good idea) I want them to protect the washer from the travel bouncing.

What do you think? Any suggestions appreciated.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:49 AM   #2
Site Team

I think I would opt for the mat and maybe strap it in somehow as well. My guess is that it would just bounce off of those little rubber 'feet'.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:30 PM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion. When you see where I put it, I don't think it can move LOL - it is in the wardrobe which is about 1" bigger all the way around. - I've got some pictures here - http:wackypup.blogspot.com

I ended up putting some very heavy packing stuff on the floor, covered by some old vinyl, then the little rubber feet. I think it will be okay. After I finish installing it, I'll do a trial run and see how much vibration it has. I'm not sure if padding it for travel will make it too bouncy during normal operation. So, we shall see.

Thanks again,

Liz
Old 10-02-2016, 03:47 PM   #4

Looks like that will work. Do you have it in a pan or have some way to prevent it from flooding the trailer if it should overflow?
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
189fbr, mods, trailer mods, washing machine