Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #1

Default Is a 2007 189 FBS a good trailer?

Hello:

I just sold my 2008 Fun Finder X-240. First let me say it was a great trailer and we had no problems with it. Very well built. But I wanted to get a smaller trailer, and there's a 2007 189 FBS available. First, does anyone know if 2007 is a good year for Cruiser RV? Second, have you heard or experienced anything negative about the FBS?

Incidentally, does anyone have the 189 FDS? How do you like it?

ZZSPIRAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
Site Team

There are good and bad examples of everything. There's a few folks on here with Funfinders that were apparantlly built the Monday morning after the Super Bowl by fans of the losing team and they've had nothing but problems. Others, like me, have units that have been trouble free.

So I think it's more important to thoroughly check out the particular trailer you're interested rather than rely on what year it was made. Especially, was it well cared for, did it have the proper maintenance, were there any leaks that didn't get addressed, were there any modifications done, if so were they done properly, etc.

Also one thing you may miss is the walk-around bed. When we were looking that was a major reason we chose the 210 over the 189.

Good luck!

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ
There are good and bad examples of everything. There's a few folks on here with Funfinders that were apparantlly built the Monday morning after the Super Bowl by fans of the losing team and they've had nothing but problems. Others, like me, have units that have been trouble free.

So I think it's more important to thoroughly check out the particular trailer you're interested rather than rely on what year it was made. Especially, was it well cared for, did it have the proper maintenance, were there any leaks that didn't get addressed, were there any modifications done, if so were they done properly, etc.

Also one thing you may miss is the walk-around bed. When we were looking that was a major reason we chose the 210 over the 189.

Good luck!
Makes sense, thanks. Yeah that bed was pretty nice. With a mattress cover, it was as comfortable as the bed in our bedroom. It really was a great trailer.

The only things jacked up was the video component to the TV. It wasn't obvious. Behind the stereo was full of wood carvings. I'd have added insulation around the sewer pipe where it comes into the floor, because there was a 1 1/2" gap. I had to replace the CO2 alarm, but that can happen to any trailer. They sent one to me, no problem. Oh, almost forgot, the TV and mount fell to the floor. They should have drilled all the way through into the closet, and use nuts and bolts. It didn't break anything but the component connections to the TV. That's how I found out the wire for video was leading to occassional problems with the picture.

Overall, it was a very well built trailer.
ZZSPIRAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #4

Default 2007 FBS is a good trailer

We've had very good luck w/ our 2007 FBS, over all. Previous RV's were 5th wheels (Wildwood, Cougar) which had their issues, especially the Cougar. We have no real complaints, but we have had issues. The front window cover opened up one day on the highway, so I have sealed it and screwed it closed. The silly graphics are peeling off, but good riddance. In heavy downpours the vent rim over the bathroom gets overwhelmed and rainwater drips onto the sink counter and floor. We have done a few improvements, most happily a Fantastic Fan over the bed to replace the wimpy little OEM fan. We also installed a weatherproof vent cover over that new fan. We use a WD hitch and anti-sway bar. The 2007 is very well made, for an RV, and we are happy w/ it.
Adirondick is offline   Reply With Quote