Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Was your new unit "bug " free?
yes 4 25.00%
no with serious problems 3 18.75%
no, but only minor issues 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #1

Default Just how many problems can you have in 3 weeks

We just finished out first long tour in our new 313BHS.
We have had it out with the grand kids for a night here and there since we got it a couple of months ago but this was the first time we really tested it out.
I dont know about the average Shadow cruiser owner but i was somewhat dissapointed and hope a factory employee monitors this site.
The furnace quit on day 6. Everytime it tries to kick in the fuse blows.
The main slide out with the couch and cresent dinette leaks like the dickens.
I got on the roof and found the tape that is supposed to seal the roof to the walls was only glued at the corners and the centre so the first time we were in the rain it poured in, in front of the window soaking the couch , the window shades and the wood under the cushions.
When we lowered the awning for the first time we noticed that one side has a nice trim inside hiding all the bolts that attach the awning to the unit and on the other side it is all steel bolts and caulking staring at you. ( I should have noticed that during the delivery but missed it.)
The lining in the shower wont stay attached to the wall so when you shower water is running between the walls and the plastic shower insert.
And the list goes on.
We ended up coming home 3 days early and dropped the unit off to the dealer today.
In short not too good an impression for the guests we had with us.
I hope we are just "getting the bugs out" and this is not going to be a bunch of ongoing problems.
Thankfully i have a good relationship with the dealer and i will be a happy camper again soon.

1959 Mooney M20A
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #2

Default Problems

Just got my unit back from the dealer and i am again a happy camper.
The short in the furnace was a staple through the wires that happened during manufacturing and the leaks were poorly installed tape along the wall that meets the roof on the big slide out.
The missing trim on the left hand side of the awning was not supposed to be there so that one was my mistake.
They installed more of those plastic rivets that hold the shower enclosure in and the water no longer goes down between the shower and the wall.
The nice people at Roadmaster in Leduc fixed me all up. We had the unit out for the weekend and even in a thunderstorm we were all dry inside.
In speaking with other campers during my travels i have seen people with 100,000 airstreams that have had more trouble than i have and with worse dealer experiences so i cant complain.
Looks like we just had to work a few bugs out and the rig as good as gold.

Thanks Roadmaster and Cruiser for standing behind your products.

1959 Mooney M20A
Old 07-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #3

Good to hear you got all the bugs worked out. It helps when you have a good dealer. We were lucky when my wife and I bought our Funfinder. We had no problems with it.
funfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #4

I've had my XT276 out several times now and other than a very few minor detail items, no problems.

All the appliances incl. stove, frig, tv, dvd, stereo, slideout, water heater, plumbing, A/C, lights, doors, screens, windo, stabilizer jacks, locks, propane, outdoor grill, etc. function as designed and no leaks.

Minor detail items - scuffs on acouple ceiling panels, plastic door jamb cracked where stapled, needed to mouse proof (steel wool) where plumbing/wires come thru the floor & adjust front door closure strut mount ~ no complaints.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
Site Team

The only issues I had with mine were one of the regulator to tank hoses leaked at the fitting which the dealer just replaced, and the oven wouldn't light which was just a simple adjustment. Otherwise trouble free.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #6

I am sad to report that we had another major problem this weekend.
it looks like i got a trailer with bad axles.
I dropped it off this morning at Roadmaster RV to get it fixed!
Roadmaster is a great dealership but i bet it wont be long before they are sorry they ever took on this line of RV's!

I will keep you all up to date of the reply i get when i call the factory this morning!

1959 Mooney M20A