Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2016, 06:01 PM   #1

Default Labor Day boondocking

Going to a small State Lake just up the road a piece from us and try our hand at boondocking. Taking generator andfillin' her belly with H2O. Taking puppy with us. Will take pics and post later! All of you go in' out this weekend, be careful and enjoy!

Old 08-29-2016, 07:13 PM   #2

Have a great time! Most of the time, it's so much quieter and peaceful than a place with hook-ups. However, I got to spend only one night of peaceful bliss in this most perfect of campgrounds...after that, a group of young drunken, hootin' and hollerin' boys came to stay for the rest of my stay. ALL DAY LONG - the screaming and the music - got worse the more beer they consumed. Host could only quiet them down after 10:00!

But other than that, boondocking is GREAT!!
Have fun. I know you will.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:27 PM   #3

Wow! What a great site and view. We won't be that lucky on the view...small county lake, not state lake as I previously said-my bad! But, DH can do a bit of casting his fishing line and Salvi, the puppy, and I will hang out at the campsite after a few small walks. Hoping we don't get the "younguns" or "oldies" with parties and drinking. We know of a big open space that is back a ways and hope we get there soon enough after work to "snag" it!
Old 09-05-2016, 03:41 PM   #4

Got to do our 1st boondocking. I wanted to stay longer, but, DH wanted to go home the next day-Sid there wasn't anything to do but sit around (isn't that the whole idea of camping?) nod he had things to do at home! So, we state one night. Great secluded site, though, so could run generated without disturbing others. Funny thing is, when we left the next morning, so had everyone else (tenters)-could've been the rain!?!��. Water was a concern as when we got home, DH Said it was only 1/4 full! When,if, we go "booning" again, will have to conserve better!
Old 09-05-2016, 03:42 PM   #5

I posted pics in the gallery under"1st time boondocking" if you want to see.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:15 PM   #6

I guess we are like your husband...we don't sit around the campsite or even have a fire. Instead we explore the area on the backroads and see the sights. Our last camping experience was our worst. First camp sight was a mud hole with noisy neighbor's both sides and smoke from about 20 people burning wet wood in their fire pits. The second day we moved sites and had noisy neighbor's across the road. We had to run an airconditioner the first night. The second night I went over and requested that the middle aged people turn their blaring music down. The did turn it down some but we went to bed s ran out fan for white noise. The nice tenting family next to us asked if we had slept well considering the idiots across the drive. Glad our other experiences were much better.
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:01 AM   #7

We never sit around the campsite either as we are out exploring the area ~ usually about a 100 mile radius on motorcycle.

In that aspect, have never had more than a few greeting words with those camping next to us. Also, never a campfire but do use the outside grill at times but eat inside to avoid the skeeters and bugs.

So far, haven't had any intrusive or noisy campers to contend with....although have observed some rather strange behavior in some. LOL
Old 09-06-2016, 09:54 AM   #8

I think if you are camping with other people you would tend to spend more time around a campsite and campfire. When we traveled the US in our fifth wheel we also did that in the evenings with the other campers we met. But we were staying at each campground for days to weeks back then.

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote