Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2011, 10:48 PM   #1

Default Mattress in the FunFinder 189FDS

Hello everyone, Last May my Husband and I bought our first trailer.. It's so cute and perfect we just love it.. We used it all summer. We noticed that the mattress was kinda messd up it leans to one side so I thought hey I'll just flip it, well the other side now is leaning.. Another couple we know, their mattress did the same thing, and the dealer got them a new one. Now I'm just wondering does anybody's mattress do the same thing? If we get a new one, does that mean every year we have to do this?? It's a brand new fun finder, i'm just worried about the mattress.. thanks everyone... cheers

miller9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
sbb

I have a 2010 same model, I was out 90 nights plus in 2010 and had no mattress problems, I do think it is not a great quality mattress, I have a 3" foam topper on it.

50 Watt Solar Panel
36 Nights Out 2011
sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #3

Default Lumpy Mattress

My wife and I bought a 2011 FF X 210 WSB have only used it 5 nights last year and already the mattress looks like it's 20 years old, with dips in it like an elephant was sleeping on it. My wife weighs 100 lbs and I weigh 180. Overall we are very happy with it, but not with the mattress, I'll try the dealer and see if he can help us.
dmshar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
TCP

Default same issue

we bought a 189fds in november. Immediately stored it and have only sat on the edge of the bed once and it already has a bend in it. We will be putting our stick house mattress in the trailer and replace the one in the house. Good sleeps are a must when you have to chase a 3 and 5 yo around all day.
TCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #5

I replaced my mattress with a sealy posturepedic.... much more comfortable
Old 04-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #6

Funny you mention this. We bought out 275XT just about a year ago and have the same identical problem. Very, very, cheap mattress. The pillow top is a joke. I never thought of getting it covered under warranty, but I wouldn't want the same crap
starbuc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:56 AM   #7

Default Sleep counry

We tossed our matters this siting w/o even using it . Our plan is to hit sleep country and get a Monique queensize. It super light and very comfortable. The only obstacle is convincing domestic niner to spend the $480;p
Machine67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #8

Our mattress was saggy and springs poking through when we bought ours (it was used) We picked up a 10" memory foam mattress on Amazon for $320 with free shipping. If you have a prime account you can get some killer mattress deals there.

Also, fwiw, getting the old mattress out of the 189FBR was quite a chore, there is limited room to maneuver the thing. Putting a memory foam mattress in was much easier than a traditional mattress.