Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #1

Default Maybe this forum should be changed to,"my crappy FF&quo

If there are any true campers here that have any experience in buying, using, repairing, selling or just plain enjoying your RV, you would know that all and I mean all RV manufactures will try to cut corners whenever possible. It's just the fact. Look under any RV tub and see how crappy the minimum wage workers cut the holes in the floors for the plumbing. Look to see if all screws are tightened flush, no they are not. Again, I'm about done with this forum due to people complaining. Go to a generic RV forum and complain with the rest of them. This place is about FUN finders and the enjoyment of camping. If you have a unit that needs work, hold your dealer accountable. You do have a warranty if you bought it new. If you are a newbie, learn what you should be looking for when inspecting a new or used unit before you buy. Russ, I feel bad FF screwed up the axel situation. They or the dealer should be held accountable. Just please do not jump on the salty nuts band wagon. One consistent complainer is enough

Old 07-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #2

As a matter of fact, poor workmanship and quality control fails on many, many man made items.

Custom built homes where the basement floor drain is the highest spot on the basement floor, windows that leak, doors that don't fit, trim corners that don't mate, etc.

Motor vehicles that leave the factory with a bent camshaft, loose bolts, electric windows that don't function, etc.

The same is true in appliances, furnaces, central air conditioners, etc. to include products made both within the USA and imported.

Poor products used to produce an item or poor quality control occurs in every product line produced from medicine to sump pumps, and NOT just in the world of RV's.

I know pointing to other examples does NOT excuse any one but that, sadly, has become 'the way of it' in this mostly "throw away" world of instant gratification.

Just my take on it.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #3

Starbuc: I have no intention of jumping on the bandwagon. If you read all my posts i am aware of the quality of most of the manufacturers out there and have had nothing but good things to say about the dealer i have and the efforts they are making to repair the problems i have.
I also posted very positive things about the repairs they have made.
As a matter of fact i wish the dealer actually built them as i am sure the quality of the finished product would be better.
I also stated that once the bugs are worked out i am looking forward to getting out and using it more, and i dont wish i could get rid of it.
But, the reality of it is i am very surprised about the axles as that is a very serious issue.
I will admit that i am a little fussy about what i own as i treat my Trucks, cars and all my toys just like i treat my aircraft.
Once we get all the issues addressed i am sure my posts will become more positive but right now i am just reporting the facts.
Sorry if i upset anybody as that was not my intent.

regards
1959 Mooney M20A
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote