Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-26-2018, 07:28 PM   #1

Default Minor Leak

I thought I had been vigilant in my six-month checks. After the winter rains and snow (yes, northern Mexico gets snow), I noticed the front cap on the driver's side has some bubbling or loose skin. Living in Mexico it is next to impossible to find someone to fix this.

Can I slice open the skin along the side molding and put in some kind of glue? This underside is solid and I see nothing on the inside.

What do you think?

qtla9111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:00 AM   #2

Interesting blog - pictures of the damage will help assess problem and possible solutions. Sounds like delaminating. But cutting, peeling and gluing might not be the best solution. Very hard to get the even pressure to keep the adhesive from bubbling/peeling or getting that wavy look.
Sometime best to just identify where the leak is. Seal it. Might not be the prettiest fix-but sounds like it's not in a easily seen spot.
If there's no damage from the leak-might get off easy.
But - pictures.

runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:07 AM   #3

Hang in there, Chris! Snow??
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:25 PM   #4

I'm out of town but will post a picture on Sunday.

Yep Dan, in fact it snowed twice. We made snowmen at school!
Old 04-27-2018, 08:10 PM   #5

If it were me and it was a simple case of delammination, I would drill a small hole and inject epoxy glue into the hole. Then brace a flat board or metal plate against the area. Also plug the hole to prevent the glue from our. Good luck.
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #6

How To Recognize, Treat, Prevent RV Sidewall Delamination
Old 04-29-2018, 11:56 AM   #7

Thank you for the link. Good news is, my Funfinder hasn't made it to that depressing level of delam just yet. As I said, living in Mexico, I won't be finding an rv expert. Rvs in Mexico are not a common sight except for those few rvers who make the trek every winter and few circus folk who do buy rvs in rough shape.

I need to make an attempt at repairing this with some technique. Thanks again for the article it did wake me up a bit to the problem and how severe it can become.

I do believe that all rvs leak, somewhere, sometime and that is why you see few antiques or classics down the road unless they have been rebuilt.

More ideas?