Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-24-2021, 02:14 PM   #1

Default Need help identifying roof type 2007 139

Greetings FunFinder Family…. Attached are pics of our 2007 139 Funfinder X. Just trying to figure out if my roof is Topo or the other type…Poly?? It’s not leaking I just want to know for future maintenance/replacement if needed. Also no leaks on windows but I noticed some separation on exterior seems and little on the interior bathroom behind toilet. This is the caulking the RV place suggested I use but I wanted confirmation from the Veterans on here if possible. Secondly, I’ve never been able to make TV antenna work…. It appears in perfect shape, the TV is very old, the red light on the button on the outlet inside trailer pressed and working, select cable functions on tv and just no channels. It works great when connected to rv park cable just can’t figure out the darn antenna situation.
Attached Thumbnails
7A310F79-1317-4C1F-95EA-91BC95B38CB5.jpg   CE5FC26D-D00E-40FF-A7B9-01BD77E36900.jpg   82FCE654-3EF9-401A-9114-2F03EB1FB145.jpg   13E07B94-7664-43A8-A438-A7635032EE06.jpg  

Mountbaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:28 PM   #2

RE: roof material type, I believe that the roofing on the FFs of your era were/are EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer). Any caulking that you might use should say that it’s approved for use on EPDM material. Your local RV center should carry such a product. I paid about $10/ tube for mine.
RE: your roof antenna, you didn’t mention so I have to ask, did you crank the mast up into the vertical position? The mechanism that operates the raising and lowering is located inside the cabinet just above the dinette. Once elevated, I believe (I’ve never connected my tv to the antenna ��) that you can rotate the antenna to get the best reception. I don’t know if the factory installed antennas (antennae ��) are tuned for digit reception but for sure the TV must be “digital” or use a digital to analog converter.

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVan View Post
RE: roof material type, I believe that the roofing on the FFs of your era were/are EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer). Any caulking that you might use should say that it’s approved for use on EPDM material. Your local RV center should carry such a product. I paid about $10/ tube for mine.
RE: your roof antenna, you didn’t mention so I have to ask, did you crank the mast up into the vertical position? The mechanism that operates the raising and lowering is located inside the cabinet just above the dinette. Once elevated, I believe (I’ve never connected my tv to the antenna ��) that you can rotate the antenna to get the best reception. I don’t know if the factory installed antennas (antennae ��) are tuned for digit reception but for sure the TV must be “digital” or use a digital to analog converter.

Thank you for the EPDM clarification on 2007 139. I’ve read how to take apart an inside vent or peal back something on the outside to identify type of roof which I just don’t want to do…. The antenna I have cranked up but wasn’t aware it may rotate… also wasn’t aware TV must be digital. My (very old) TV is wired into the CD player which plays cd disc movies which is great but it’s just never picked up any channels even in middle of a city so I may need to upgrade although I really probably don’t need it. Really appreciate the response and I’ll study and maintain accordingly.
Mountbaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:04 AM   #4
Site Team

Actually, I would lean towards TPO (thermoplastic olefin) that's what mine is. A TPO roof weighs less than an EPDM roof and FF was going for light weight. To tell for sure as you said remove the inside frame of one of the vents and you'll see the edge of the roofing material. If it's black on one side it's EPDM if not it's TPO.

The sealant you posted appears to be silicone which is not typically recommended for RV exteriors because it doesn't stand up to constant flexing, can't be coated over because nothing will stick to it once cured and it's nearly impossible to remove.

I know Geocel makes caulking specific for RVs so you may want to check their website to verify. My personal experience is with Dicor which will work with either TPO or EPDM but there's other brands like Eternabond and Proflex which are good also.

If your TV is the original from 2007 then it's an analog type. In 2009 the US converted all TV broadcast signals to digital so the old analog style can't pick it up. Out of curiosity I did a google search for digital/analog converter boxes and you can still get them for around $20 or so.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 12:20 PM   #5

here

Old 08-31-2021, 06:42 AM   #6

I’m of the age where not every little detail of my past has a dedicated storage spot in my brain. That said, I’m pretty sure that the roof material on my’07 x210 is EPDM. I vaguely recall looking at the underside of the roof material when replacing the main roof vent. As described in the video posted by Eagle, a black underside indicated EPDM. LJAZ suggested TPO because of its lighter weight but I’m not so sure that the CruiserRV FunFiinders of the OP’s vintage were all that concerned with weight (at least not as the RV builders are these days).
IMHO, RE: the OP’s query as to what “caulk” to use, I’ve used Dicor brand self-leveling lap sealant with good results. Better still is that it’s recommended for both EPDM and TPO!

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caulking, roof, tv antenna not working