Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #1

Default negotiation

My wife and I are in the market for a small ultralight and like the x139. The local dealer offers at a list price of $18,500 with all the options as far as I can tell. I am absolutely terrible at haggling. What would you folks with more experience use as a start price in the negotiation and where would you hope to end at? It will be a cash sale.

Thanks. This is a great forum.

Gary

Old 10-04-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
Site Team

Wow, I paid less than that for my X210 brand new last October. For my research prior to buying I searched the internet for other dealers prices nationwide. Of course I had no intention of buying from dealers on the other side of the country, but it at least gave me some idea of going rates.

There was also a link to website posted somewhere on this forum that had the prices the dealers pay but I can't seem to find it now.

I would think in this economy you should be able to buy one for several thousands less than $18.5. Here's a link to one in CA for $13,900

http://www.fun4u2.com/38991.html

Good luck!

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #3

^^Agreed! We paid 18,5 for a new 26', which was 5.5K less than list. They initially said they could go no lower than 22.5K, so we thanked them for their time and left. A week later they called back with a counter, we said it was still too high, another week later they called with the 18.5, we bought. Like LJ said, do some research on what they are are being offered at, and under cut that with your first offer. I think starting at 13.5 or 14 is good, and contact a couple dealers telling them that if you can agree on a fair price, you'll be buying, but be ready to walk away. If they won't come down, give it some time. If they don't budge, decide if its really worth it too you at that price, if not go elsewhere.

In this economy I think they will work with you. A couple things to keep telling yourself is "Its my money" and "There are other dealers".

Good Luck!
Equalizer Hitch
2011 Nomad 206
Panasonic/Pioneer/Kicker ~ Audio/Video System
Days Camped /2009 / 33
keyser soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #4

Default Price Too High!

I agree the price is too high! In 2006 we bought our T-139 for $10,500 with virtually all options available at that time. I've looked at the new ones earlier this year and would think $15,000 or less would be much more appropriate. Just a thought.
kegbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #5

if you want to buy a funfinder and dont want to play the haggling game go to www.allseasonsrv.com, ask for hunter.
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote