Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2021, 04:01 AM   #1

Default New "Hitch" line of trailers by Cruiser RV

Cruiser has come out with a new line of trailers, the "Hitch," which is apparently geared toward boondocking:

https://www.cruiserrv.com/travel-trailers/hitch.html

The construction looks to be very similar to the more recent Fun Finders, but it is hard to tell for sure.

Old 04-22-2021, 08:58 AM   #2

The 18rbs has the same floor plan as my 2009 189fbs had, except the wardrobe and refrigerator locations are switched! Glad to see small trailers are coming back into the line!

Kfalls189fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:07 PM   #3

I see Cruiser has not changed much. Still cheap trailers and a cheap web site to promote a cheap product. Does not even show the specs for these trailers. I would be very sceptical if I ever bought another one.
Old 05-02-2021, 01:55 PM   #4

Cruiser made so many design and QC mistakes with my trailer that they wouldn’t provide support on.... not a chance in h.... I’d go too far off grid with a trailer of theirs. No trust.
Old 05-02-2021, 04:37 PM   #5

Wow. What's with the negativity? I thought this was more of a FunFinder fellowship type site, not a bashing site. First this post and then one immediately following. That's a new thing here.

If I was here for that I could go to any Jayco site!
sherrb1158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:32 PM   #6

sherrb, there are evidently some folks who had quality control issues and need a place to vent. As a happy owner of two Cruiser trailers, I do not share their concerns. But as far as I know, there are no rules prohibiting negative comments. And we do want to encourage frank and honest discussions, right?

The good news is that there are very few, if any, personal attacks on this forum, unlike many others. My guess is that the moderators would take steps to discourage that sort of behavior.

If there are folks whose comments are annoying, my best advice would be to avoid reading their posts.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:03 PM   #7

Thanks, Prof!!! Seriously, each buyer has to choose where the balance of quality vs price lies.
ExploreVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:39 AM   #8
Site Team

Unfortunately, the trailer/RV industry does not have the dedication to quality that the auto industry does. Cruiser isn't really any better or worse than any of the other brands out there. Not to mention that they've changed ownership a few times over the years and are now owned by Thor who's model line includes Jayco, Heartland, KZ and Airstream to name a few.

Just go to an Airstream forum and you'll see a lot of the same type of issues with trailers that cost 2 to 3 times what a Funfinder costs. A new 16 ft Airstream will run about $60K!
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:31 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltynuts View Post
I see Cruiser has not changed much. Still cheap trailers and a cheap web site to promote a cheap product. Does not even show the specs for these trailers. I would be very sceptical if I ever bought another one.
Why are you even here if they are all cheap, get a Coachman Miranda,
wishuwerehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:00 AM   #10

My 2005 139FK so far is terrific. In fact, my father even said it's built much better than his brand new Coleman Lantern trailer he just bought. He was a little pissed off that it was as cheap as it was, put together with staples rather than nails or screws. The wood was cheap and thin, he has to light the water heater and furnace himself, he has to replace the water tank's anode rod, etc... but he was surprised at the quality of my trailer.

On mine, the cabinetry is put together with screws, the water heater doesn't have an anode rod and lights automatically, as does the furnace.

My only complaint is the tiny bathroom, I would have given up an inside kitchen for a bigger bathroom.
Xerofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:56 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrb1158 View Post
Wow. What's with the negativity? I thought this was more of a FunFinder fellowship type site, not a bashing site. First this post and then one immediately following. That's a new thing here.

If I was here for that I could go to any Jayco site!
Salty Nuts has had a negative view of FunFinders for years. I would imagine if he had a $1.6 million dollar Prevost H-3 he would be unhappy with it as well.

There are some in this world who are never happy nor satisfied with anything and that could include their own lives...so tear everything else down.

Nothing man made is ever 100% perfect in this imperfect world. But, for the price, my XT276 has been, for the most part, problem free. And it was purchased new, on-line from a dealer some 300 miles away I'd never met. My first physical view was when I drove onto the dealerships lot.

I wouldn't put much stock in comments from one person but look at the bigger picture of the thousands of owners who are pleased with their Fun Finders.