Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-23-2016, 06:31 AM   #1

Default New to Travel trailer life

Hi.... Pierre here...
I am a newbie at this ....Just bought a 2007 Fun Finder 189fbr.. where can I get a user / service / maintenance manual for this particular travel trailer. I also need a detailed manual of all the components, electrical, appliances, water system ect for this trailer. Also, what size / type of generator should I purchase.

Any help / hints / tips / info you may be able to pass along would be greatly appreciated

Pierredev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #2

Hi Pierre, and welcome. The factory "manual" for RV's is actually pretty basic and doesn't really give much useful info. The manuals and schematics for all the individual components ( things like fresh water pump, water heater, air conditioner, etc ) can possibly be downloaded from each companies website.
As to overall maintenance and care, do a search for how to maintain your RV, and you'll get lots of hits. "rv maintenance with Mark Polk" is a good source of info, for example.

Have fun with your camper !

gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:03 AM   #3

Welcome from Colorado.
There is a wealth of information here. You will find everything you need by asking questions. The only dumb question is the one not asked.
"Skinny people are easier to kidnap...eat more pie"
PieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #4

wesleggett.com

Check out this site. Drop down to the rv section.
He has a lot of general information and a wealth of Fun Finder specific information.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:15 AM   #5
Site Team

As others have mentioned you really need to get the individual manuals for the equipment you have. Find the model numbers and brand and you should easily find the manuals online.
As for a generator it depends on how you intend to camp and what you need to run. If you want to run the AC, you'll need at least a 3000W. Or you could run 2 2000 W generators in parallel. The advantage to the 3000W is that most of them will run for at least 8 hrs so you can run the AC all night. 2000's in parallel will need refueling after a few hours unless you get one of those external fuel tank setups which seem kind of wonky to me. But if you only want lights and maybe the TV then a 1000 W might be plenty. In any event you will want in inverter type generator as opposed to the open frame type. Inverter generators are much, much quieter and provide cleaner power which is important if you want to power electronics like a laptop. Open frame generators are cheaper but they are LOUD.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:25 AM   #6

thanks a lot
Old 04-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #7

Thank you very much will check out all options
Old 04-23-2016, 10:30 AM   #8

Great site... thank you very much... will explore it for all info . as mentioned I am new at this... much to learn
Old 04-23-2016, 10:32 AM   #9

Thanks... will explore everything..
Old 04-23-2016, 11:15 AM   #10

PieGuy, thanks for posting that link to Dr. Wes's site -- he was the person who started the predecessor to this site, the very first Fun Finder forum over on Yahoo Groups, many years ago. His advice on boondocking had a big influence on a lot of people (including me).

Pierre, as others have said, be sure to ask lots of questions -- it is fun for us old guys to help newbies avoid some of the mistakes that we have made (and speaking for myself, there have been a lot of them).
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:54 PM   #11

I have enjoyed reading his information which i have done several times now. He is very detailed. Does anyone know where he is now. It looks like he was about 1 hour north of me.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:31 PM   #12

I just sent him an email to thank him for all of the guidance he gave me, way back when -- if he replies, I will let you know.

And in the spirit of Dr. Wes, here is a link to my modifications page, which may be of some help to Pierre:

The LMIC (Look Mom I'm Camping)

Also, Pierre, here is the link to our blog about the trips we have taken, mostly in the Western US and Canada -- where are you located??

Dan Schechter's blog
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierredev View Post
Hi.... Pierre here...
I am a newbie at this ....Just bought a 2007 Fun Finder 189fbr.. where can I get a user / service / maintenance manual for this particular travel trailer. I also need a detailed manual of all the components, electrical, appliances, water system ect for this trailer. Also, what size / type of generator should I purchase.

Any help / hints / tips / info you may be able to pass along would be greatly appreciated
Welcome to the Forum Pierre,
I think everyone above pretty much answered your questions...

I have a 3-ring binder that had some stuff in it when I purchased the trailer and I continue to add as I go along... If a document for something is not in there, I search the internet for it. For example, I just purchased an upgrade TV antenna and Wall Box... These docs will also go in the book
Attached Thumbnails
FF Book Inside - 600.jpg  

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:59 PM   #14

Hi Pierre, welcome to the forum. My first Fun Finder was also a 2007 189 FBR and we loved it! and went on our many adventures with it. It's all good advice you've received here so far. I also found the owner's manual to be disappointing and rudimentary, but still it was better than nothing so hopefully you can download one. Also John C's three ring binder is a good idea, I do something similar with a folder that I add info to as I get it and even personal notes and tips I've learned. For instance my 189 FBR was 9'-2" to the top of the A/C housing. I measured it one day and wrote it down to help me remember. You never know when you'll need to know exactly how much clearance you need, And the braille method is not recommended For us part of the fun of joining the travel trailer life was the learning curve. Good Luck and Happy Camping! Joe P.S. don't forget the 'search' button at the top of this page.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #15

Thanks... I sent an E to Cruiser RV and asked for new decals as mine are pretty much toast and also gave them the VIN # and asked them to send me what ever manuals they may have or where I could get them... it's a shot in the dark.. you never know..
Old 04-24-2016, 01:14 PM   #16

Good luck getting any Manuals from cruiser...called them when we got our new to us 2006 189fbr and was told they didn't have anything that far back, only for new models! Go figure....
Old 04-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #17

My 2007 FF was originally from AZ and the sun had made toast of most of the decals so I contacted Cruiser RV my self about decals and they emailed me a full list of the various decals around the trailer with prices. The cost was prohibitive, about $450. I thought it would be in Cruiser's best interest to keep their older units looking sharp, and give owners a break on decals, but apparently not. I have actually called Cruiser and talked directly to the parts dept. and found them to be very friendly and helpful, but others here on the forum have not found that to be the case. So good luck.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:54 AM   #18
Site Team

If Cruiser doesn't have them anymore, or if they are too pricey you could always check with a local graphics outfit that does decals for cars. I've no idea what it would cost but most of these shops can custom make decals.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:04 PM   #19

I have to admit, I'm not fond of graphics on the trailer.

On my new one, the first thing I did was strip off most of the graphics. I waited until they were cracked and peeling off on the previous one, and they were a real you-know-what to get off. Then there were marks left where they used to be.

I left the Fun Finder logos on the sides and back, and ditched nearly all of the rest.
guybmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:26 PM   #20

My suggestion (and what I did) is to look at each item you have. Go to the manufacturer's website. Enter model # and see if you can download a digital copy of the owner's manuals. And, as already mentioned, ask questions here on the forums. Lots of questions.

runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote