Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-24-2022, 12:30 PM   #1

Default NO MANUAL have question 2009 Fun Finder xtra xt205 toy hauler

We have a new to us 2009 XT 205 Toy Hauler which came with no owner's manual. I have been able to find user manuals for almost all the appliances...thank you for someone's suggestion on this site.

However, we are hoping someone has an owner's manual they would share with us. It probably would not even have to be a manual for this specific year or model.

Here is what we are looking for:
We charged the batteries, hooked them up, no power! We are looking for information on trouble shooting this problem. All electrical appliance/lights work when using shoreline.

Also, is there some type of switch to go from battery to propane to shoreline? Our previous truck camper had this type of switch that we had to manually change.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. If you have a manual to share/copy/upload/sell....that would be wonderful, too!
Thanks in advance!

Bulltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:39 AM   #2
Site Team

There (probably) is a battery disconnect switch somewhere - unless a prior owner removed or changed it. usually it's a push/pull type switch located on a panel somewhere inside the trailer or in the front cargo storage area if your trailer has one. Pushing it in disconnects the battery.

There is no switch that toggles between battery/propane/shore power. Propane is turned on or off at the tank. The refrigerator does have a setting that senses if power is available and if so runs on 120V. If not it runs on propane. Depending on the model the water heater can run on either electric or gas but that is switched manually at the water heater.

The individual appliance manuals are way more useful than the owners manual which is pretty generic and isn't year or model specific. Most of the advice it gives is to refer to the specific appliance manual. I have a pdf copy I can send you if you PM me your email address.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 09:18 AM   #3

There is a battery disconnect switch in the cargo area. In or out made no difference. All your information is VERY helpful! I will PM you when I figure out how to do that so you can email the manual. I have been getting the appliace manuals online. I think I have most of them now. I am not sure why anyone would get rid of the their original booklets for the camper. Kind of dumb but we are slowly piecing it together. Thanks
Old 05-25-2022, 09:34 AM   #4

Bulltown, the good news is that the original Cruiser manuals were worthless, so you have lost nothing of value -- they were very generic and empty of real content.

The manuals from the subassembly manufacturers (like the fridge and furnace and water heater and air conditioning) are useful and are available for downloading on each manufacturer's website.

Chances are good that the battery problem is a blown in-line fuse, often found on the positive wire near the battery.

Good luck, and keep asking questions!!
Old 05-27-2022, 01:35 PM   #5

The end of the story about our battery system not working is that none of the wires were hooked up. The RV place got everything working for us!