Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #1

Default Now what?

I hate to start sounding like somebody else on this site but i am starting to think he may have a point.
Every single time we go away something major happens to my brand new unit.
I am scared to take this thing more than 50 miles from home.
We were in Drumheller this weekend and had a flat tire on the new BHS 313 and when CAA showed up to change the tire he pointed out that all 4 of my tires are down to the wear bar.
This unit is only 16 weeks old and has about 2000KLM of towing. ( about 1200 miles)
I took the unit into the dealer this morning and was told that the axles are NFG.
The dealer even admitted that Cruiser shipped some units with bad axles and they KNEW it!!!!!!
In the 16 weeks i have owed this thing the dealer has had it for 9 of them.
Roadmaster is going out of their way to help me but i have been told it may be 4 to 6 weeks before i get my rig back.
I honestly dont know what to do now. I am going to call Cruiser directly today but i am seriously considering suing these idiots and notifying the TSB and the Canadian transportation department along with CSA that they are shipping units that do not meet the requirements of the Highway traffic act.
I also met another couple in Drumeheller at the campground that have tarps all over the RV because every window in the back leaks.
The factory cut all the window holes too large and tried to cover them over with over-size trim.
They have been fighting with their dealer ( i won't name then but they are in Red deer) for weeks to get something done about it and are getting no relief from the factory at all.

Lets see what happens with this problem and see if the dealer has any luck getting me some axles faster than 6 weeks.

1959 Mooney M20A
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #2

I just got off the phone with the dealer.
Turns out they installed the wrong axles on my unit.
They used 2500 pound axles instead of 3500 lb!

UNREAL!!!!
Once again Roadmaster is looking after me and have promised me my unit back complete with 4 new tires by July 26th!

1959 Mooney M20A
Old 07-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #3

Sorry to hear about your trailer, sounds like you have been looked after well by the dealer,

As for the other couple that you mentioned in your first post, as soon as they seen the water pouring into their trailer by the windows they should have dropped it off at the dealer straight away ( at woody's I'm assuming)
at least that's what I would have done, and leave it there till it is fixed or get me a new one.
jeepcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #4

Was under mine today to inspect the leak I have in the fresh water tank and noticed that there was a square patch of rust in front of the rear spring shackle. Appears that somebody at the factory must have welded something here then cut if off with a torch but never repainted it thus the rust. Has the same square and cut off weld on the other side. Kind of looks like they messed up putting in the rear spring shackles and had to move them back. I also noticed that all the electric wires are just hanging there not tied and the wires to the electric brakes were rubbing on the hubs with one showing the copper. Have all lines fixed and new wire run to the brakes but you should not have to do these things. That is just sloppy workmanship on the factory side. I have had to fix about 15 things that I found wrong with this unit and that was while it was under warranty. Dealer would only fix the propane cutover switch that was leaking. Told me to get a can of expanding foam to fix all the holes that I found that were letting pests in as he did not have time to fix it ( not in business anymore)
Citycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #5

What is a wear bar? Do you happen to know what to look for? I have a 2011 210 UDS and would like to know if mine has the wrong axles too.
ZZSPIRAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #6

spiral: According to the dealer only the 2012 models had the wrong axles.
i have no idea how he confirmed it. There is a weight rating on them somewhere.
1959 Mooney M20A
Old 07-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #7

spiral: The wear bar is a little bar built into the tires that runs across the width of the tire.
when the tread is worn away the little bar is equal to the hight of the tread.
Dont know how to explain it better.
1959 Mooney M20A
Old 02-03-2015, 12:16 PM   #8

Default Flexing frame

I have had lots of problems and now going to court. See below:
Looking for some help. I own a 2012 Fun Funder Xtra 276 which has had nothing but problems. I'm looking for others that would be willing to tell me their story. I'm taking Cruiser RV, Lippert and Rocky MT Rv to Small Claims Court March 9th, 2015 due to all the problems I'm having with my trailer. I have only used it once but have had nothing but problems ranging from cabinets pulling away from the ceiling, windows not opening, doors not closing, pipes leaking, bathroom wall moving, trim falling off, bathroom cabinet pulling away from wall, electrical problems, sewer pipes leaking, frame problems, gaps in the roof with it moving, most of the wall and door paper pealing off and binding at the window corners, the rear bed being wired incorrectly to name just a few. If anyone has had these types of problems please contact me at tooltimeval@embarqmail.com.

TTlover is offline   Reply With Quote