Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2015, 03:58 PM   #81

YAY - the fun is about to begin (no, I don't mean at the dentist...).

I need to go bookmark your blog for easy access!
May all your miles be safe and fun and full of adventure.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:13 PM   #82

Neil, when you get to Tahoe and you have some free time, let us know and we can recommend some great hikes not too far away! You will be in South Lake Tahoe, right? How far from Myers will you be?

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:34 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139
Neil, when you get to Tahoe and you have some free time, let us know and we can recommend some great hikes not too far away! You will be in South Lake Tahoe, right? How far from Myers will you be?
Hee hee .... you have a short memory Dan. I've got almost a page of notes that you already gave me with about a dozen local attractions .... trails, places, summits, lakes, passes etc. I don't have my clipboard with that info with me at the moment so I can't reference it now.

The Lake Tahoe KOA is right on Hwy 50, 6 miles from South Lake Tahoe. You can see it on Google. We'll be there on May 14th. (We'll be at Furnace Creek (DV) on the 12th). We'll be at Tahoe until the end of September. If you should get a hankerin to go up that way this summer, then by all means, let's hook up for a visit

Neil & Yoly

Old 05-02-2015, 05:41 AM   #84

Hi, We have been staying in our little house for a week now and love it.
Everything has been working fine with only a couple minor problems.
We are not looking forward to going back to work Monday though.

take a screenshot
Old 05-02-2015, 06:21 AM   #85

Congrats on a great time!!

Don't you just hate that dreaded "M" word? But you can always dream of your future adventures, and reflect on the wonderful memories your family has created!

Safe travels.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #86

I've never seen another Fun Finder in our travels or even another Cruiser RV. Then today, another silver ram pulls up next to us .... had to travel all the way to Albuquerque for this

Old 05-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #87

Well, that would figure... They even have the same taste in trucks. A Silver Ram.

Albuquerque is an interesting town. Spent a few days there back in the fall. Hard not to see something beautiful out there.
WSKinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #88

While not a Fun Finder, we enjoyed looking at the restored hardware at the RV Park where we stayed. Here are some examples .....

Old 05-11-2015, 05:21 PM   #89

[quote="Travels with Yoly"]While not a Fun Finder, we enjoyed looking at the restored hardware at the RV Park where we stayed. Here are some examples .....

Wow ......... no green grass.....just gravel.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:46 AM   #90

Eagle, I think they were in New Mexico when that shot was taken. Out West, grass is becoming politically incorrect. Folks in my southern Calif neighborhood are ripping out their lawns and putting in gravel and drought-resistant plants.

It's a hassle, but it looks like the new normal for us.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:30 AM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSKinVA
Well, no... The thing is already pretty high off the ground - not really interested in putting any higher.

Besides, if it doesn't go it will give us one more reason to sell the land
BTW, folks, update on this... We were able to pull the WSK up and down the hill just fine - only the hitch on the truck dragged the ground.

Amazing what a few weekends of time in the peace and quite of the woods will do for you. I believe we are set on keeping the land until/uless we move away from this area. If we do, we'll certainly be looking for another place much like this one.

http://1drv.ms/1FbNy5E
Old 05-13-2015, 08:37 AM   #92
Site Team

Campsites in New Mexico or Arizona are pretty unlikely to have grass. Impossible to grow without an irrigation system of some sort. Expensive to install and expensive to maintain. In some spots you're lucky if you have trees!
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:35 PM   #93

Yes, I realize that not much grass in that area without irrigation. I used to travel to TX, AZ, NV quite often for investors in Mobile Home Parks...that did have green grass.

Just a personal thing as no desire for camping in a 'gravel pit' so to speak but others may not mind and so be it.

Old 05-24-2015, 11:46 PM   #94

Default Inside View of Fun

This is what I do on cold or rainy nights while "Finding Fun"

Keep in mind that we'll be selling this 2015 214 WSD when we get back in October and it will be "turn-key". Complete with all camping gear (dishes, cookware, 42 in LG Flatscreen with Polk 5.1 surround sound bar, secure TV pivoting mount rated at 120 lbs (travels secure), deluxe Maxx Air powered roof fan with remote control, bedroom blackout curtains, sewer system components, hoses, surge protector, $350 memory foam mattress, ...absolutely everything included).

This is the video from initial delivery ... many upgrades since this was taken .....

Willing to consider all offers
Note: If you live somewhere between Lake Tahoe and Georgia, we'll deliver it

Old 05-28-2015, 12:23 AM   #95

As you guys probably know, Yoly and I are working at the Lake Tahoe KOA this summer. The weather finally turned to a more normal pattern with bright blue skies and vivid sunshine. It really makes the beauty stand out. Last Sunday was the first day that we saw the sun since we got got here so I broke out the video camera and captured the relaxed atmosphere of the Memorial Day holiday. Hope you enjoy it. It's available in 1080p if you take the time to let it buffer

Old 05-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #96

Neil,

Looks like a pretty neat spot. Too bad you have to "Work" and not enjoy the surroundings more. We love watching your videos.

We are heading out for a two week trip to the Finger Lakes and Niagara Falls areas in NY on June 1st. Should be a good start to looking for FUN.
getzold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:29 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by getzold
Neil,

Looks like a pretty neat spot. Too bad you have to "Work" and not enjoy the surroundings more. We love watching your videos.

We are heading out for a two week trip to the Finger Lakes and Niagara Falls areas in NY on June 1st. Should be a good start to looking for FUN.
We were heading to the finger lakes region on our first trip with our T@B but there was a race at Watkins Glen and all the campsites were booked so we headed over to Adirondacks State Park and enjoyed the beauty of its lakes. You can see that area in our videos as well.

Today, Yoly and I went about 4 miles up the road to Echo Summit (7,380 feet) and shot some video, then went down to the lake and shot some more and then went shopping before starting our shift at 4 pm. I'm planning my next video titled "A Taste of Tahoe" with a mix of footage from today.

Here's a taste of the taste .....

Old 05-29-2015, 06:44 AM   #98

Wwwoooooooowwwww.....

That is really a beautiful place!

Given that you are doing the campground work, I wonder if you will be turning out a video about that experience? It would be educational and useful for many who are wondering about doing that.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:10 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSKinVA
Wwwoooooooowwwww.....

That is really a beautiful place!

Given that you are doing the campground work, I wonder if you will be turning out a video about that experience? It would be educational and useful for many who are wondering about doing that.
Not sure how that would work as I couldn't shoot video while I was working. As for others doing this "Work-Kamp" thing I can only say that it may not be for everyone. We attended a "Work-Kamp Boot-Kamp" in Branson MO. before heading out here. It was a 2.5 day exposure to the KOA corporate culture and history and policies with an opportunity to ask questions and get answers as well as talk to other workers and campground owners who were there to recruit workers like a job fair. We met some other couples who were starting out like us and have kept in touch with them also. They all share a common revelation as we do ..... it's way more work than you think it will be. It probably isn't in reality but my 8.5 years of retirement, doing nothing, didn't prepare me well for this task. I guess I have an aversion to showing up at 8 am to do physical work just by nature

If anyone is seriously considering doing this, I'd be more than happy to divulge more specifics if needed.

UPDATE: 5/31/15

We have officially resigned our positions as "Work Kampers" and are no longer at the Lake Tahoe KOA. It's a long story but the end result is that we learned that this isn't something we take to naturally. 8.5 years of living "the good life" (retirement) didn't prepare me well for hard labor and a time clock. The end result is that we now have the freedom to meander our way back to Georgia however the wind blows us, with no time table nor schedule so there's an upside

Old 06-03-2015, 04:50 PM   #100

Our little spot just outside the entrance to Yosemite National Park.