Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2017, 01:07 AM   #1

Question Plumbing Issues - Leaks 2009 Fun Finder X210

Hello everyone,
I have been looking through this forum for the past 2 days and I cannot believe all of the great information on here!! Amazing!
We just bought a 2009 x210 21' with slide out and we are newbies.
So, we are obviously not the brightest bulbs. We bought this from a guy on craigslist without getting it checked. He showed us a few things, like how the water pump and sink works...but when we got it home and turned on the water...it went all over the floor...leaking out of the plumbing pipe under the sink. I then checked the bathroom sink and the same thing...leaking out.....
I hope this guy did not let the pipes freeze or something when we had a few winter storms. We told him the pipes are leaking...he did not know if it was winterized and played dumb about it all. UGGGGG. So, the black tank is full, but the grey shows only 1/2 full...but I am hoping when i empty the tanks I the pipes will no longer leak...probably a long shot...but this was his suggestion.
I cannot yet empty the tanks because I cannot yet find the right plug from the trailer to our honda pilot...been to camping world 2 days in a row and still cannot get the right thing so I cannot even tow it to empty the tanks. Yes, he sold it to us with tanks full. We are so dumb we didn't know the difference. He towed it to our house...
So anyway, what do you think about the plumbing? It got down to 20 ish with ice and snow for like a week straight. And, this guy had the fresh water tank full!???
Anyway, I sure hope the pipes are not broken inside the walls. I did not notice any such leaking but ???
Thanks for reading if you made it this far.
I am excited to have this trailer btw...my entire family is excited to finally go camping in a trailer we can all fit into.

Fun Finder X210wbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:16 AM   #2

BTW the trailer came with a 7 pin round, which is probably the normal way it comes. But our suv only has a 4 or 5 pin rectangle.... sigh. I thought an adapter would be easy to find. I guess I will need to hire someone to just put a 7 pin male thingy on my honda pilot.

Fun Finder X210wbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:53 AM   #3
Site Team

You have to have the 7 pin plug and brake controller. A 4 pin plug doesn't have the capability to control the trailer brakes which you need. As far as I can tell the Honda Pilot only has a 5000 lb towing capacity at most, which you may find is not enough for that trailer.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #4

If the water tank is full it has NOT been winterized. And the lines could have very well split from freezing. Black and grey tanks as well as water heater could also have a problem now if they froze as well. Water pump may have been damaged too....

Tanks should have been dumped, water heater emptied, fresh water tank drained, lines drained...RV antifreeze added to entire system, by-passing the water heater. (don't put antifreeze in there)

Quote: "but I am hoping when i empty the tanks the pipes will no longer leak...probably a long shot...but this was his suggestion."

...if the water is drained out of course it won't leak!

Black and grey tanks aren't causing the water leak and have nothing to do with water leak. If they are damaged, they'll be leaking outside under RV.

I sure hope, for your sake, that the damage is minimal and easy to repair...

There are oodles of videos out there to watch for learning about RV's...read and watch everything you can. And ask questions here, the members are super helpful.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:16 AM   #5

Yes, you will need some major wiring installed on your vehicle. Do NOT pull that 210 without the trailer brakes working! It is very dangerous, and will where out your towing vehicle, and cost your $$$.

Don't just use a converter plug 4x to 7x. You need lines installed for trailer brakes, and 12v charging lines at least and the female 7 pin round connector added.

I'm worried about your tow capacity. Someone else says your Pilot's max tow is 5000 lbs.

Most agree that you should never haul more than about 75-80% of your rated max. (3750 in your case). Trust me, I've destroyed more than one vehicle not adhering to this rule. You may be able to "pull" this off (pardon the pun) but you will find you Honda working way harder than it should and your engine may meet a premature end. Not to mention you will go through more brake pads, oil, etc and likely overheat your transmission.

Your x210 weighs 3730lb EMPTY, so with normal amounts of cargo, tanks possibly full, your trailer weighs at least 5000lbs.

Your Pilot really isn't made for a trailer like the x210.

As for your water issues, sounds like several unrelated issues. If your holding tanks are full (sensors often misread) they need to be emptied and really thoroughly flushed out. I would also recommend disinfecting the fresh water system (all lines) & holding tank using a chlorine bleach solution. Remember, you sort of have two separate fresh water systems, one where fresh water is pumped up from a holding tank using a 12v pump, the other comes from a hose or "city water" hook up outside using pressure from the outside water system.

Probably not a bad idea to do the same to the grey and black tanks too at this point if the previous owner wasn't looking after things.

As for water leaks when you open taps: in my experience the two most likely sources of leaking water inside, are loose fittings underneath sinks, easy to hand tighten back to sealed, and the other is the fresh water lines on either side of your little 12v pump. I've had to go in there and tighten those attachments more than once to stop drips.

If you plug all sinks and drains, then turn taps on = no more leaks, then the leak(s) are likely from one of the drain lines. If water is still leaking from somewhere, even with all drains tightly plugged, then the leak is in the other system of small round plastic lines, hot and/or cold intake lines.

Look around for some RV orientation seminars at local RV dealers, or "opening & closing procedures" presentations.

YouTube also has hundreds of videos of How To's on RV's & trailers where I think you will find instructions on just about everything!