Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #1

Default RV Grill

We're looking for a gas grill that we can connect to the propane connection on our Shadow Cruiser. Anyone using a grill they would reccommend?

I've only seen the Camco Stainless Steel Mountable Grill #57305.

2006 Dodge Durango Hemi
Palmerton Pa
RobS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #2

If you are looking for a grill that does not attach to the side of the camper, some folks say they are the cats' meow.

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keyw...AATVPDKIKX0DER

Old 05-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #3

I have the Paul Jr. Design, Great little grill!!!!
2000W GoPower Inverter
2x6V LifeLine Battery's
GoPower Solar Elite System
2x Honda 2000's w/ 30 AMP Plug
2x145w Polycrystalline Solar Panels
EAZ-LIFT Weight Dist. Hitch
MARLANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #4

There are precious few grills that will, out of the box, work directly off the quick connect propane fitting... The quick connect on your trailer is a low pressure port (the LP has already gone through one regulator) and as such, it doesn't have the pressure necessary to trigger a 2nd regulator that is standard on most portable LP grills.

If you want to use the low pressure quick connect on your trailer, you'll either have to get a grill designed for that use (doesn't have a regulator) or obtain a grill that is easily adapted and good to use. Many in the RV family have chosen the Weber Q series of grills (myself included). It is easily adapted. Robustly built. Heavy components. Top notch in the food preparation (cooking). Personally, I have the Q-120. Used it for years on my 210WBS and am still using it today on my 5er.

If you go that route, the Q series is easily adapted, you'll need a good company that sells the proper fittings. There are many "quick connect" products out there and they arenot all the same. They all look about the same (air, water, LP; low and high, NG; low and high, etc.) but, they aren't designed the same and shouldn't be mixed for safety reasons and most won't actually fit into the wrong socket for that reason. The company I use is Calore Equipment and you'll want the LP low pressure 250 series fittings. They also sell the dust covers, hoses in various lengths; everything you'll need.

Calore Equipment 250 fittings

You'll need to take the regulator off of the grill...it isn't hard to do, just tedious. When you put the new fittings in place, make sure you use yellow Teflon tape rated for gas. That white tape you have floating around is only rated for water and will not do you any good for gas fittings. When you get the regulator off (don't throw it away, I'll show you a use for it momentarily), use the yellow tape and put a male fitting onto the grill in its place. It will look something like this (my grill in the photos):

Yours should look a little neater...I had a bunch of adapters floating around the shop and I used up my "bits", but, the end result is the same, you just won't have most of the piping between the grill and the male fitting. That's really all you need to do to the grill. The hose you have will work with the grill now, but, if you need hoses, the site above has those too:

I carry a selection, a 4' hose, two 10' hoses, and two 12' hoses. I can string all the hoses together if need be, but, I mainly carry them so that I can also use my Campfire-in-a-Can at the same time and be almost anywhere in the campsite. And speaking of being in the campsite...I wanted to go on a picnic off-site at another park (sightseeing kind, not camping kind), but, of course the grill was now tethered to the trailer. Light bulb time...remember that regulator I asked you to hang on to? Take that regulator and get the female quick connect fitting (it is 1/8" though, not the 1/4" that you bought for the grill) and put it onto the regulator.

The top two regulators are for the Q series grill, one is my original, one is a spare that I bought and they fit onto the 1 lb disposable propane bottles. The bottom regulator is actually from my Campfire-in-a-Can and will fit 5 lb and larger tanks with the standard POL fittings. Now I can use my Weber Q around the trailer and use the quick connects, or, I can get a 1 lb disposable and use the quick connect regulator and hose and use my Weber Q off-site. With the bottom regulator, I can use my Weber Q with a spare 20 lb tank at my house for when we have a big party and I need more than one grill...I use my big grill and set up the Q right next to it.

Just another way to go...lots of grills out there. Some are good, some not so much. Some will hook straight up to your quick connect, some need a little adapting, some just plain can't be adapted (those with the gas control and regulator all in one piece).

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
M&M

Hi,

Funfinder supplied a Celano model 531090003-99 Portable Gas Grill with our camper. They were still available new the last time we looked. If you are interested in a used one, we would sell ours. motorstuff@loretel.net

Good luck,
M&M
Equal-i-zer 600/6000 hitch
M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #6

Default Fun Finder Gas Grill

Hi Robs,

We have a brand new grill that attaches to the Fun Finder. It came with our RV and it has never been used. It is still in the box. If you would like more info and pictures just let me know.

Please reply to our email which is: tampabaypropertydeals@gmail.com. In the subject line type Fun Finder Gas Grill or you can call me at (352) 503 3245.

Regards,
Alan & Moira Murray
alan2544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #7

Default Celano portable gas grill

Does anybody know if we can get parts for the Celano grill that came with our TT? We need a "flame tamer". I have exhausted online searches and am awaiting a call back from CruiserRV. They no longer have vendor information from 2009 or show anything about Celano grills. We really like the grill and to buy a new grill that would fit in the same space would be very expensive. OR - do you know of the correct grill name and correct connector that can replace the Celano. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.
funnygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #8

Default My 2016 Came Wiiiith A Grill

My 2016 Shadow Cruiser S-195WBS came with a grill which is made to be mounted on the back bumper. It is easy to set up and works fine.

I would find a Cruiser RV dealer and ask if they can get that model for your unit.
2012 Ford F-150 Ecoboost
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...psrtdivxrb.jpg
harryshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #9

Default RV-Que

Our 2013 195 WBS Shadow Cruiser came with a gas port at the rear of the unit. We had our RV-Que from a another camper that we owned previously. Our dealer was able to find a bracket that fit on the units bumper. Works perfectly and to be honest we use it more than our stove or oven. The only thing we have not tried yet is to bake a pizza on it but have been successful with muffins etc. Heck we even fix our breakfast, we use a cast iron griddle or a cast iron fry pan.

Bob k
She who must be obeyed, calls it the Husker truck
bakobza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:10 AM   #10

Hi,

we have a nice Gas Grill which was comming with our camper. I did not know it was incloded and we thought its a part of the oven

We put that box in storage and during our first trip we opened it and found a ikea style part mix in the carton.
After putting it together we were quite surprised and laughing all day ...

We also knew now what we can do with the strange attachment on the rear bumper.
The grill is just sticked on the device on the bumper and connected to the gas connection at the rear of our camper.

Actually its quiet handy and works great.
Fat is dripping out directly through the bottom and you can just spray it attached in the back and have it quickly cleaned and let it dry over night.
It also came with a bag which makes it handy to put away in the storage compartement.

Not sure where to get it is called Aussie Grill (not sure on any version...)
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-01-2015, 05:21 AM   #11

part 2 for the grill attached to the rear
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-01-2015, 05:23 AM   #12

part 3 for the grill attached to the rear
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #13

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suny View Post
Hi,

we have a nice Gas Grill which was comming with our camper. I did not know it was incloded and we thought its a part of the oven

We put that box in storage and during our first trip we opened it and found a ikea style part mix in the carton.
After putting it together we were quite surprised and laughing all day ...

We also knew now what we can do with the strange attachment on the rear bumper.
The grill is just sticked on the device on the bumper and connected to the gas connection at the rear of our camper.

Actually its quiet handy and works great.
Fat is dripping out directly through the bottom and you can just spray it attached in the back and have it quickly cleaned and let it dry over night.
It also came with a bag which makes it handy to put away in the storage compartement.

Not sure where to get it is called Aussie Grill (not sure on any version...)

Sounds like the same grill that came with my XT276 ~ attaches to the exterior side of the unit and is stainless steel.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygirl View Post
Does anybody know if we can get parts for the Celano grill that came with our TT? We need a "flame tamer". I have exhausted online searches and am awaiting a call back from CruiserRV. They no longer have vendor information from 2009 or show anything about Celano grills. We really like the grill and to buy a new grill that would fit in the same space would be very expensive. OR - do you know of the correct grill name and correct connector that can replace the Celano. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.
I know this is an old thread but the same grill came with our trailer. To be honest we have not even taken it out of the bag to look at it. But I am curious to know if you ever did find a supplier for parts. It would be good to know in case we need any. It does take up a lot of space in the cargo area of our small 189FBR. Thanks!
I found something on Google that said C-Land Manufacturing is permanently closed when I typed in the name and address.
Also:
http://clandmanufacturing.comoj.com
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:02 AM   #15

You may find what you need here:

Celano grills are made by LASALLE BRISTOL

LASALLE BRISTOL® CELANO PORTABLE PROPANE GRILL from Bell Marine Parts & Accessories 2008
Old 02-28-2016, 12:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
You may find what you need here:

Celano grills are made by LASALLE BRISTOL

LASALLE BRISTOL® CELANO PORTABLE PROPANE GRILL from Bell Marine Parts & Accessories 2008
Only found this on them. 2008 is the year of our trailer. These people are suppliers.
http://www.lasallebristol.com
Old 02-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #17

Since it gives their corporate offices, I'd contact them about parts availability and a retail supplier.

Corporate Offices
601 County Road 17 Elkhart, IN 46516

Distribution Centers

(574) 295-4400
(800) 718-7187
Contact Lasalle Bristol
Old 02-28-2016, 01:17 PM   #18

I'm thinking that they are no longer made or sold. The Company on the back of the brochure that came with the grill is out if business. They were supposedly the manufacturer in China as well. I think we would find more info on the net if they were still being made. You see similar grills by other manufacturers.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:12 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
I'm thinking that they are no longer made or sold. The Company on the back of the brochure that came with the grill is out if business. They were supposedly the manufacturer in China as well. I think we would find more info on the net if they were still being made. You see similar grills by other manufacturers.
Probably just have to get a new one like here:

Aussie Travel RV Camping Stainless Steel Tabletop Gas Grill Trailer BBQ Compact | eBay

Robot Check

Stainless Steel Mountable Grill - Camco 57305 - Gas Grills - Camping World

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Grill...ories-s/60.htm

as a few of many sources.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:15 AM   #20

I have no idea if ours works or not. We haven't opened the storage bag to look at it even. Someone else was looking for a part for theirs. (See their question above). In any case, we will probably not use ours. Too big and takes up too much room in our small storage compartment. All we need is a tiny grill.
Oh, and we don't like the idea of hanging s grill off of the trailer due to safety concerns.