Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2018, 10:32 PM   #1

Default T139

this is, I suppose a little rant.
before we bought the T139, I had spent a lot of time looking for a very light travel trailer we could actually tow with our dodge caravan. I looked at local dealers, camping world and holiday world rv. I spent countless hours looking at websites of manufacturers, dealer, and my favorites, loyal online groups of owners of certain brands.
I knew dry weights of a lot of small campers. most would put us at an uncomfortable tow margin, and generally, new was out of our budget.
I look for campers for my sister and also for husband's brother. and at the time, for use too. When I saw "my" fun finder on craigs list, I thought it looked small enough for us to consider. the seller wasn't home at the time, but he told me where to go look at it. when I saw it, I couldn't believe such a nice camper that was so small was within our grasp. when I finally found the weight sticker, I was very excited!

casita, scamp, etc, have several enthusiastic web sites. as do rialta and vw westfalias.

I thought for sure the little 139 would be a cultish favorite like the brends mentioned above. there is this forum, but it is isn't "size" specific.

well, just my 2c. there is no better built, more practical, lighter, more 'cool' small camper than the T139!
there are very few with a dry weight of 1960# as well. I'm still pinching myself to have found this little camper, it is so perfect!!

Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:18 AM   #2

Speaking as profdant139, I could not agree more! But now we have to ask why Fun Finder stopped making the smallest trailers and why there is virtually no equivalent still manufactured by any company --surely there is some demand for this ultra-small non-teardrop??

I guess not.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:18 AM   #3

I think there are a few. Taylor coach makes one, and I have to think about the name but I know I've seen one or two more.
the R-pod, Winniedrop, Hummingbird, all are much heavier than the 139. and much more cramped feeling. I wouldn't believe the sticker dry weight, but we weighed it ourselves. I compared the t139 to the 13' scamp that was for sale at the time. no comparison in storage and quality. Maybe the aerodynamics would be better with the scamp, I don't know.
But I can't and won't tow a big trailer, it just isn't our interest. I think the 139 is amazing.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #4

Interesting -- I had never seen the Taylor Bobbie -- good catch, Hilda!

A few odd aspects of that trailer and that site -- there are no floorplans to view? Where is the door -- on the left side?? See the photo. And there is no listing, as far as I can see, for the tank capacities.

Taylor Coach - Models
Old 04-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #5

usually the door is in the back. they are expensive little buggers. a small operation, I believe. I also like the little snoozy, another expensive TT. I really do think the 139 is in a class by itself. too bad they don't make one like it anymore.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:26 PM   #6

I'm very curious. how many T139 owners are on this fun finder forum? looks like 3 or 4?
Old 04-13-2018, 08:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
I'm very curious. how many T139 owners are on this fun finder forum? looks like 3 or 4?
Looks like lots:
http://www.funfinderclub.com/forums/...searchid=98805

Old 04-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #8

If I used to own a T 139 but now own an X 139, do I count?

By the way, I contacted Taylor about the Bobbie -- it has a 9 gallon black tank. Not a typo -- nine. Decent fresh water and gray water tanks, though, as long as you don't use the bathroom.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:59 AM   #9

counting all 139s! I guess I was just curious because so many people seem to have the bigger trailers. We like small, and I guess it's almost a different sort of camping. to me, anyway. I feel very lucky to have found the little t139, didn't know about them until I saw one for sale. the more I learn about them, the luckier I feel!

I think Taylor coach may make the lightest and smallest campers out there. they are pretty hard to find. I've only seen one used, on craigslist in AZ, so I didn't see it "in person". I think the front is more aerodynamic on the 139 than the more straight up Taylor and the height and width is about the same.

wow, 9 gallons. our rialta has very small waste water tanks, the black is 13, the grey is only 6! but it is only dishwater, and that is legal to release away from the campsite most of the places we camp. the fresh is only 16 with a 4 gallon hot water heater, so we are used to pretty strict water conservation. we also limit the weight we carry, because the rialta is a slow but steady kind of vehicle. not all of them, but ours is a 95, so 5 cyl. engine.