Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Fun Finder Community
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-03-2016, 06:59 PM   #41

That would be fun. I just made reservations for a couple of nights in mid May at Wilderness State Park at the top of the Lower Peninsula. Only electric. I picked the campground site # based on a recommendation from a book called Michigan's best campgrounds. We like it up there very much. Within view of the Mackinaw Bridge.

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:13 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Hi Bill,
I just need to add a bit more... When we (you, me, or someone else...) buys used, we should do whatever research we can and try to buy the best we can for the $$$ spent. We also need to ensure we factor in know and necessary repairs, if possible and always remember... Buyer Beware.

I don't mean to sound cold here and I have purchased my share of Lemons over the years... I bought an ATV last year, it was an older unit that looked very good. It only had 1500 miles on it and seemed to run well, so I worked out a deal that should cover the things that obviously needed repair. HOWEVER, I made a couple mistakes...
1-- I knew very little about ATV's and
2-- I ALLOWED MYSELF TO FALL IN LOVE WITH THE D@#N thing.

If I take the ATV to the dealer for major clutch repairs, the repair cost could easily out-price the ATV's worth... We all make mistakes for one reason or another... Sooo, I am getting ATV smart and will rebuild the unit myself when the weather warms because I am a stubborn individual and refuse to give up (sometimes another fault in itself)...

If any repair or cost reimbursements are not to come from the dealer and a lawsuit applicability is not to be pursued... (I'm not answering this one, just inserting all possible avenues that I can think of)...
It really boils down to fix it or sell it... If you like the trailer and can make the necessary repairs and not exceed the value too bad, I probably would fix it and keep it for a while (if the repairs are beyond your knowledge/skill level, maybe you can find someone that has the knowledge/skills that can help fix it)... The moral issue of the flip (selling it without repair due to cost exceeding value) means you are morally obligated to tell the buyer and very likely lose the sale...

A catch 22 position that only you can decide on... I wish you the best luck here and hope all works out...
John, I agree, when you buy used you never know. That's why I bought new. You buy new you shouldn't have to go through the headaches, hassles, money, time and missed work to get it so you can use it. The 2 years I've had it, it's been at the dealership more days than its been at my house. 3 months last summer while waiting for axles, spindle, rim and tire. Thankful nobody got killed when the rim, spindle and tire came off and went flying down the freeway when I was going 60mph due to Lippert Company forgot to weld the spindle hub on the axle. Minor detail, right? One of numerous problem I've had with this. I've fixed a lot of things myself, no big deal, but I've had a lot of more serious thing happen that I can't fix.

2017 Lance 2285
Bill Sorensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:50 AM   #43

Bill I find your story to be horrendous and inexcusable in light of the fact that you have been put through so much despite buying a new trailer with a warranty. Hopefully your story is a rare exception in the industry but that is not any solace for you. I would feel exactly as you do. At this point are there still things that remain unfixed? I may have missed that. If not, I am happy for you and hope you can have a good camping season this year.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:29 AM   #44

They sent the power cord out quickly and free of charge! Very happy. I posted this before but it ended up on a different thread I think. On another note, yesterday we went into the trailer to take some measurements and check for mice and discovered ice on one of the dinette cushions. We traced the problem to one of the exterior speakers. We cleaned the ice off of the speaker and taped both of them up. It had leaked down through the cabinet above the dinette.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:54 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Bill I find your story to be horrendous and inexcusable in light of the fact that you have been put through so much despite buying a new trailer with a warranty. Hopefully your story is a rare exception in the industry but that is not any solace for you. I would feel exactly as you do. At this point are there still things that remain unfixed? I may have missed that. If not, I am happy for you and hope you can have a good camping season this year.
John, I still have to fix a wire problem. There's a 30 amp fuse that keeps blowing and takes out all the power in the coach. It's the fuse on the wire that goes from the batteries to the switch on the board that shows the tank levels and slide out switch. I'm thinking I have a direct short somewhere from the battery to the converter. At this point I'm going to replace the wire from the batteries to the converter. Hopefully, when I get that fixed, I'll have most the problems worked out.
I'm still fighting with Lippert to pay the dealership for the tire that fell off. They felt it was their fault enough that they wanted to and did replace both axles, but they don't want to pay for the tire and rim. The dealership wants me to cover the cost for that, $190.00. I'm not paying! When I talk to Lippert, they agree with me and say somebody will call me back but I don't hear back from anybody. Last time I called them, I told them I don't care if I hear back, just pay the dealership for the tire and rim!
This could very well turn into a lawsuit. I hope not but that's my next step.
I have talked to an attorney, he said say the word! Cruiser, Lippert, and unfortunately the dealership will be involved. I say unfortunately because the dealership has been on my side his whole time
I don't want to sue, I'm not that type, but I might have too. Matter of principle!
2017 Lance 2285
Old 02-06-2016, 09:37 AM   #46

Bill, I know it's a matter of principle for you, but won't the attorney charge you s lot more than the $190 when all is said and done? You said you like the dealer but maybe you should hint that you are going to name them on the forums unless you get some satisfaction from someone (them). You do always ask to talk to the higher up guys when you call of course. I always ask for the supervisor, manager or owner. And insist on it because they care more than their underlings do, and they are the ones who can bend the "rules". I also always tell them what wonderful service some companies give, like American Express and Amazon. Lol!
Old 02-06-2016, 10:10 AM   #47

Quote:
Bill, I know it's a matter of principle for you, but won't the attorney charge you s lot more than the $190 when all is said and done? You said you like the dealer but maybe you should hint that you are going to name them on the forums unless you get some satisfaction from someone (them). You do always ask to talk to the higher up guys when you call of course. I always ask for the supervisor, manager or owner. And insist on it because they care more than their underlings do, and they are the ones who can bend the "rules". I also always tell them what wonderful service some companies give, like American Express and Amazon. Lol!
The attorney said we'll go for a lot more than $190.00. Time, missed work, stress, time and problems that have happened on vacation (ruined vacations), etc. I've told him I didn't want to involve the dealership, he said we have too.
In my business, we have a contractor that does work for us, if my customer has a problem with something our contractor did, they call me and I take care of it. I don't refer them to our contractor. I deal with it, I make sure our contractor takes care of it for my customer.
I bought this from Cruiser, it has their name on it, they should take care of it. Nobody wants to except blame, Cruiser refers me to Lippert Company, I shouldn't have to work with Lippert, Cruiser should work with Lippert to get this resolved. I'm Cruisers customer, not Lipperts!
I have asked to talk to someone higher up, that's when they say somebody will call me back. They never call back.
The attorney fees will be included into the lawsuit if it goes there.
2017 Lance 2285
Old 02-06-2016, 10:25 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Sorensen View Post
The attorney said we'll go for a lot more than $190.00. Time, missed work, stress, time and problems that have happened on vacation (ruined vacations), etc. I've told him I didn't want to involve the dealership, he said we have too.
In my business, we have a contractor that does work for us, if my customer has a problem with something our contractor did, they call me and I take care of it. I don't refer them to our contractor. I deal with it, I make sure our contractor takes care of it for my customer.
I bought this from Cruiser, it has their name on it, they should take care of it. Nobody wants to except blame, Cruiser refers me to Lippert Company, I shouldn't have to work with Lippert, Cruiser should work with Lippert to get this resolved. I'm Cruisers customer, not Lipperts!
I have asked to talk to someone higher up, that's when they say somebody will call me back. They never call back.
Bill,
I read about your issues and it's horrible. I feel most fortunate!!

I don't know if you are a member of the Good Sam Club but if you are, they have an Action Line. Good Sam goes to work for members to successfully resolve RV-related service and product disputes and have helped thousands of members with issues you have detailed, recovering more than a million dollars for members with issues like you have experienced. You can check them out at Good Sam Club.com and no, I don't work for them but am a member.

Just a thought.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:39 AM   #49

Thanks Eagle! I'll look into it!
2017 Lance 2285
Old 02-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #50

Bill, did you see this video when I posted it?
http://youtu.be/IP_u2JR51_Y

Old 02-06-2016, 04:58 PM   #51

Quote:
Bill, did you see this video when I posted it?

Wow! Interesting! Thanks for sharing!
2017 Lance 2285
Old 02-06-2016, 07:35 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Sorensen View Post
Wow! Interesting! Thanks for sharing!
I hope they just decide to pay you and be done with it. At least none of us on here have invested a really big sum of money in our rvs.
Old 02-06-2016, 08:03 PM   #53

Quote:
I hope they just decide to pay you and be done with it. At least none of us on here have invested a really big sum of money in our rvs.
That's all I want! I just want to get mine in usable condition and I'll be happy. Thanks!
2017 Lance 2285
Old 04-17-2016, 09:43 AM   #54

After supposedly getting the electrical issues and other things fixed we took the trailer to Arizona for a week to watch some spring training baseball. The trip went well , no issues, finally I thought. Not so fast. Driving home it was getting dark, my vehicle lights came on, no trailer running lights! Pulled over checked the plug, it's plugged in, 30 amp fuse going to the trailer from the battery is blown, have had that issue for 2 years. Get the trailer home, checked fuses in my truck , has blown 3 fuses in my truck. (2015 Ram Eco diesel). Have had to replace same fuses 3 different times after supposedly fixing trailer at $30.00 for 3 fuses, not cheap on new truck. Have to get said fuses at dealership, auto part store don't even carry them yet.
After 3 year of nothing but problems with that piece of junk 2014 Funfinder, I traded it in a 2017 Lance 2285. My conscience wouldn't let me sell it.
I did get a decent trade in, I was surprised how much they gave me. I have never been happier to see that pile of garbage in my rear view mirror!
Happy camping! Cheers to better luck in our new coach and you in yours!
2017 Lance 2285
Old 04-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #55

Bill,
Congrats on the new camper. Sometimes it seems that's the best thing to do....just get rid of something that is causing grief, and start over with something new. As my old man use to say, "chalk that one up to experience...."

Enjoy your new Lance....post up some pics of it and come back and visit us and keep sharing your experiences with us here.
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:37 AM   #56

I will! Thanks! You guys are awesome!
2017 Lance 2285
Old 04-18-2016, 12:17 PM   #57

From your reports, you have experienced more than your share of issues and may your new unit, 2017 Lance 2285, give you the pleasurable RV camping experiences you have been seeking.

Best wishes for happy camping adventures.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:20 PM   #58

Thank you Eagle. Back at ya!
2017 Lance 2285
Old 04-18-2016, 03:04 PM   #59

I think you made a good decision Bill and I would have probably done the same thing!! As Eagle reiterated, you have had at lot of issues and that alone becomes a stress factor; life is too short to put up with extra issues.

Good luck with that new camper and I hope you can start having fun!!

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #60

Thanks John! We're excited!

2017 Lance 2285