Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2016, 04:24 PM   #61

When I bought my first Fun Finder (2008 X-160), the warranty was 2 years.

This new 2015 (took delivery in April 2014) Nightmare Fun Finder 189FDS came with a 1-year warranty. And I know why. UGH.

But keep the faith - Dan is right - eventually you'll get it all corrected and then the fun begins. I couldn't believe what a great time I had the first time I went out and not a darn thing went wrong! Shocking. And I've had it out several times since - all problem free. It's been several trips since I cried...

As another member of this Forum likes to say - Some Assembly Required...

Old 04-19-2016, 05:18 PM   #62

Well, congratulations are in order then!!

I think when I bought mine new in March 2015 it had a 1 year warranty although I never had use of it. I did contact the selling dealer 300 miles away once with some questions but that was the only time since I brought it home.

I few 'tweeks' here and there but none of the problems some have experienced.

May all your future adventures be trouble free too.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:29 PM   #63

I just bought a 2014 Fun Finder 266-KIRB. It is actually new, but had been on the lot for two years. I assume because of lack of use and upkeep, it had several warranty issues ... mostly cosmetic stuff, but a few electrical things. However our dealer, Lazy Days in Denver, has been doing a good job of getting that stuff patched up. We bought it with full disclosure on these things.

We've taken two trips in it. On the first trip, the trailer breaks went out. The tech said it threw a brake pad. That was pretty scary. We took it right in, and they fixed it right up.

On the second trip, the heater went out. I used to do HVAC for a living, and I figured out that either the sail switch or the high limit switch went bad. It is back at the dealer now getting that fixed under warranty.

Looking at the general construction of the thing, I can tell they build with materials (and in such a way) to keep costs minimal. I get it. Sure, I'd love to have a world-class high quality Diesel pusher ... and maybe I will some day.

We bought extended warranty on it, and I'm glad now that we did. I can foresee us needing good coverage.

Based on what I just said, this may sound strange, but my wife and I are thus far happy with it. Yeah, it may take a bit to get the kinks worked out, but it is a pretty darned comfortable unit, and my wife is making it very homey.

And, while it is in warranty, I'm not paying for a storage space when I'm not using it.
Thomas Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:07 PM   #64

Thomas, some of the lower-cost aspects of the newer trailers (like yours) are actually upgrades from the older models. The old ones (I had one) had wooden studs, covered with corrugated aluminum, with some pink fiberglass insulation between the studs. Little insulation on the ceiling and under the floor.

The new ones (I have one!) have an aluminum frame, covered with a sandwich of styrofoam, with an exterior fiberglass shell. Much better insulation in the walls and ceiling and floor. Much quieter inside than the old models. Much sturdier frame, less likely to rot if there is a leak. And the roof is crowned on the new models.

I am sure that the prefab foam sandwich walls are less expensive to make and install -- much less labor-intensive. But I have discovered that cheaper does not always mean inferior.

If this is your first trailer, ask lots of questions on the forum!! If it's not, please answer them.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:46 PM   #65

I hope it works out for you Thomas! Thanks for sharing! Happy camping!
2017 Lance 2285
Bill Sorensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #66

I don't recall for certain, but I believe when I removed the factory TV antenna and replaced it with a JACK antenna, the ceiling styrofoam insulation was about 1.5" thick.
It's been awhile so could be in error.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:57 PM   #67

Default Fun Finder Construction

Here's a little piece of construction material that was left in my 2015 189FDS.

It's exactly 1 1/16" thick.