Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #41

Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best. Anyone who looks at them says the same thing "wow". Glad you like them. Enjoy your 210uds. Any problems with yours, ours has been relatively trouble free and I have drug that trailer allot of places most won't go. Just ask my wife when I am going thru a grocery store parking lot with no effort:

Old 04-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #42

Love our 210UDS. Mostly trouble-free. Have dragged that thing on a jeep trail in Rifle, CO that ended up ripping off a front stabilizer! Made so many cross-country trips TN to OR that I've lost count. This year's trip is TN to OR. Then north to Canada. Then back southeast in to the U.S. and towards TN. Probably almost 3 months on the road and 8,000+ miles.
Front window just showed a small leak this year's shakedown trip. Gotta figure out what that's all about.
I'm happy with the solar upgrade, really helps with the boon docking.

runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnie View Post
Hi, My RV has stabilizers, not levelers and at times (usually all the time) one side of RV is lower than the other. Not by much but enough that doors inside either swing open or shut and won't stay put.

Been looking around at ways to fix that. Do you think a 4 ton hydraulic bottle jack would do the trick to aid in leveling? Amazon has one for $26.13.

Any other options I should consider?

Thanks!
I would never use a jack or anything like it to level the trailer. You are putting uneven stress on the frame that will eventually cause you problems, and it doesn't really level the trailer properly.

Getting it right is more important than some realize. (Fridge works better, sinks drain better, doors & windows open/close properly, and sleeping on a tilt is never fun, etc etc)

As others have and will say, use long boards or pieces of wood to drive up on one side to achieve a level trailer. Simple stick on levels one on the side, one on the front, are invaluable. Of course getting your trailer perfectly level before you apply these levels is the first trick! (a whole other story!)

We've also gotten used to checking the trailer in various spots, inside and out, after initial leveling with a free app on my smart phone.

Or you could look at these neat devices:
https://www.amazon.com/Leveler-Ander...%2Fchock&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/Beech-Lane-Ca...%2Fchock&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Curved-...eveler%2Fchock

I've been contemplating them for some time, but just can't accept the price, but they sure look easier than lining up 2x6's to drive up on all the time!
Old 04-12-2018, 01:06 PM   #44

Agree with DriverRick.

My unit came with a small level fastened to the side exterior that works well for front to back leveling with the electric tongue jack.

For side to side, I installed a larger level that can be seen from the TV cab to get close as possible on a site ... then used boards to get side to side level. Late last fall I purchased a set of Anderson levelers but haven't used them yet. I think they will make side to side leveling quicker and easier.

AS for checking the level once the front and side mounted levels indicate it's good, I use a small circular bubble level placed inside the frig, because when the frig is level, all is good. Simply run down the 4 stabilizers and enjoy.

PS: The factory level on the side of the unit gives an accurate reading as I checked it using a 4' level inside the camper. When I installed the large level on the front outside of the camper to view from the TV cab when parking, I did so on a concrete pad after using the 4' level inside so knew the unit was level .... then screwed in in place .. sealing the points where the screws pierced the exterior wall.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #45

these only work with light trailers like our t139, but I love our bal light trailer leveler. fits around the wheel and raises the low side by raising from the tire.
Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
these only work with light trailers like our t139, but I love our bal light trailer leveler. fits around the wheel and raises the low side by raising from the tire.
What only works with light trailers?
Old 04-13-2018, 08:48 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
I use two Kojak levelers. Similar to the BAL, on my 189 they work great.
team dougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:09 AM   #48

Once my wife gets a new job, I am going to pick up a set of the Anderson levels and this, the LevelMatePRO:

snlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #49

That levelmatepro is useless without one of those smart phone thingies.