Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2015, 05:08 PM   #1

Default Trip report: Sonora Pass in a Fun Finder -- lots of picture

Dear Fellow Fun Finder Fans --

We just got back from ten days of "boondocking" (remote dispersed camping) in the Sonora Pass area of Northern Calif, which is not usually thought of as a place for trailer camping -- the road has hairpin curves and a 26% (!!!) grade. and the rocky forest roads are even rougher.

But we made it up and down just fine, and there are lots of photos of the High Sierra on our blog:

http://danschechter.blogspot.com/201...june-2015.html

Enjoy!

Dan

PS -- I am attempting to include a photo as an "appetizer" -- don't know if it is going to work -- this is the view from our campsite:

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 12:55 PM   #2

Beautiful spot you have there! Worth the drive up.

Gerry

getzold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:16 AM   #3

Once again, your adventurous spirit inspires me, your awareness of your surroundings amazes me and your photos and narratives entertain me. You and Felice are true outdoors "people". Makes me regret that much more that we bailed on the Lake Tahoe gig last month as we may have been able to join you.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:09 AM   #4

Well, Neil, it's not too late! Maybe hang onto your deluxe trailer instead of selling it, or else downsize. And then come on back West next summer -- we are going to get a lot of rain this winter (right??) and all of the waterfalls will be booming!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139
Well, Neil, it's not too late! Maybe hang onto your deluxe trailer instead of selling it, or else downsize. And then come on back West next summer -- we are going to get a lot of rain this winter (right??) and all of the waterfalls will be booming!
I think the word of the day is "downsize" A guy from Alabama drove 3 hours yesterday to come look at it. He said that he already applied for a loan just to be prepared and he expected to get it finalized this coming week after being suitably impressed by my walk-thru.

We've come "full circle" as we plan on camping more frugally in the back of our truck like we did for years before getting our first trailer .... back to basics
It's hard to beat 28 mpg in a half ton truck and we're looking forward to the maneuverability and ability to camp in small sites again. This is what it used to look like