Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2022, 11:09 AM   #1

Default True Overall Height 2012-2015 XT-276

Hello All,

All the sites across the internet with specs show this at 10'-2" exterior height. I found a 2015 XT-276 in Wisconsin over the weekend and the dealer measured the height and said it's at 11'-8". He had no idea if this height is across all the 2012-2015 models.

Does anyone know the real exterior height at the highest point? Is there a difference between the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 models?

I have a building that I'm trying to fit this into.

Terie

Terie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 12:08 PM   #2

Maybe the tall measurement includes the AC unit on the roof.

twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 12:25 PM   #3

Default Thank you for your reply.

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

My husband thinks the earlier models before 2015 are lower but no one can answer the question.

I've searched and searched on line but they all say the same 10'-2" exterior height.

I even called Cruiser RV factory and was told it's too old to give you that info.

I don't think the new requirements of exterior height inclusive of the a/c came to fruition until after these were mfr'd.

It's like looking for a needle in a haystack for the answer.

Terie
Old 06-26-2022, 11:42 AM   #4

A few years ago we towed our 2015 FunFinder F210UDS under an overpass and it wasn't until I looked back that I realized I didn't know how close it was to the top of our A/C. So when we got home I built a super simple measuring device that would help prevent us from having to stop and shovel up roof parts.

It's just 2 pieces of 1x4 pine carefully screwed together at a 90 degree angle. The horizontal piece has to be long enough to reach the middle of the trailer's roof, so maybe 5ft. The vertical piece should be long enough to comfortably hold against the side of the trailer, an 8ft piece should do the trick. Make a mark on the vertical piece exactly 6ft down from the bottom of the horizontal piece. Rest the contraption gently atop the high point of your trailer, quite likely the A/C housing. Add 6ft to the distance to the ground from that mark you made and, Voilà!, you have your trailer's height. Sure beats finding out the hard way.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20201022_170846158_HDR~2.jpg  
jimplumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 08:58 AM   #5

For what it’s worth, specs listed for my 2010 XT-245 say it’s 10’-0”. I measured it at 9’-10”. I think your dealer measured the wrong camper.
atwowheelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:19 AM   #6

Thank you for taking the time to show me how you measured this unit.

This dimension is exactly what I'm asking of anyone who has this unit, but this is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:20 AM   #7

I believe you're correct. Maybe because it's camping season right this model is hard to find. Hopefully come fall there will be more on the market.