Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #1

Default Update on 8 month old unit

Hi all. Have not posted in a while. I bought a 189fds 2011 in Feb of this year. Had up to 18 problems that I think got all fixed up. Not only is this unit cheapy made it's design is very poor. I have just winterized it and bought a cover for her. One real stupid thing they did (and I am going to fix) is you always carry around 10 gal of water in your fresh tank ( for no stupid reason) because the 30 gal plastic fresh water tank sags so bad under the frame that the pick up tube for your pump wont pick up the last 10 gal. I am sill having a problem with 2 leaks up front where the queen bed is. Both out side marker lights leaked, the dealer fixed 1 and I fixed the other one. And I think it is still leaking. Also my dvd player in at the dealer for the last 3 weeks. I took it in cus the dam thing wont play any movies all the way till the end. It freezes and it wont skip to next chapter or play, sometimes if you wait a while it starts working for bit then does it again. Dam, I can't wait to see what problems I will have next season when the warranty stops Salty.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #2

Take it back to the dealer and have them replace the tank. I had the same problem.
The tank was replaced with a different style which has the drain spigot located at the very bottom edge of the tank. They also added a support bar across the middle of the tank. Now all the water will drain out. Make sure your trailer is a little lower in the front to help with all the water draining out.

Your 18 problems were nothing compared to what we had with our trailer.
I would always get a bunch of BS when trying to get something fixed. Was told somethings are warrantied for 30 day, somethings for 60 days, somethings for 6 months and somethings for 1 year. Their customer service was by far the worst I have ever dealt with.
Then taking it to a dealer where we didn't purchase it compounded the repair process.
Even though they had the parts in stock to make the repairs, I was told that per FF they would have to ship the parts to the dealer. Took over 1 month to get the black tank gate valve, which had been leaking. Was in for repair for over 2 months for repairs which should have taken 7-10 days to fix.
The FF was our first trailer ever, so I guess you live and learn.
Fortunately I was able to unload this POS and get a much better trailer.
Absolutely no problems so far. Yes we did pay more for this trailer, which goes to show, that sometimes you get what you pay for.

2011 Cheveolet 2500HD 4x4
Intergtated Brake Controller
ARE Camper Shell
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Honda EU2000ia
Days Camped/2011/37 4200 Miles Towing
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #3

Hi Gordon. Thanks for the advice. I have already installed cargo straps under the tank to hold it up better. I was thinking of removing the spout where the water is sucked up from and installing some tubing so it could pick up the water better. But I like your idea better. I just might see if I can get them to change mine out as well. my warranty runs out next Feb 2012. I am thinking of taking it in in the new year. But maybe now is better. Dealers dont give a rats a## if its a big inconvenice to you. They wanted me to bring in my unit to check out a problem with my dvd player. I got pissed off and droped off just the dvd player 2 days later. I Have not herd a word from them since, and it's been 3 weeks.v Thanks again. Salty
Old 10-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #4

Salty, check out this web site :
http://www.willrepinc.com/
This guy is a independent factory rep. Maybe he can help you.
I spoke with him a couple of times regarding warranty service and voiced my displeasure about the way FF treats its customers.
I can't tell if it did any good, but buy the comments on this forum about all the problems people are having with their trailers it looks like it didn't.
After all the problems we had getting out trailer repaired, we decided to trade up to a MUCH better quality trailer. I called this guy and let him know that I could never recommend the FF trailers and would tell people to avoid them at all costs, as they would be setting themselves up for lots of heartache and problems if the purchased a FF.

2011 Cheveolet 2500HD 4x4
Intergtated Brake Controller
ARE Camper Shell
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Honda EU2000ia
Days Camped/2011/37 4200 Miles Towing
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #5

Hi Radar. Thanks for the link. Salty