Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2010, 09:37 PM   #1

Default Viewfinder

We have been considering a first time purchase of a travel trailer and really like the Cruiser RV products. We are especially fond of the Viewfinders and are considering purchasing a new 2009 19FK. It is a leftover and it seems reasonably priced. I realize this is a Funfinder/Shadow Cruiser forum but any thoughts would be appreciated. Any possibility of adding Viewfinders to the forum?

Twobirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #2

Welcome.
I'm not sure if we have enough room for another trailer model here.. .

(I''m pretty sure there are a few shadow cruisers on here). I don't think it really matters as they are all made by cruiserv. I like the look of the viewfinders, the extra room would help.

Just like any other trailer make sure you do a thorough walk thru, especially since it has been sitting for a while. You should be able to tell if there's any leaks as there should be watermarks by now. Oh yeah, make sure all recalls are done before you pickup your trailer. one less trip to the stealership.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #3

the view finder is a nice product, we looked at them when we were shopping. The dealer where we bought ours carries both so it was nice to be able to see them at the same time. If your looking for a good deal on one try www.allseasonsrv.com, they are in the mid west and had the lowest prices we cold find. hope you find the one your looking for.
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #4

Default Viewfinder

We own a 2009 189 FBS, purchased about one year ago, just over the warranty. We have now used it in four seasons, which includes our west coast winter. All in all I am disappointed in the fit and finish of the product, after owning nine RV's, which included Triple E and Citations. The Funfinder does not rank with these. The inside trim moldings are poorly installed, the TV supplied with the unit is nothing short of trash, and the sofa the comes with the trailer has deteriorated. The bafflilng on each side of the sofa and underneath is nothing more than pressed cardboard and flops around, ready to drop off. The basic coach anc chassis seems pretty well built, but I am disappointed that Cruisers did not go the extra mile to finish it off. Had they done so, it would have made a huge difference. I would not recommend a Funfinder, nor would I buy another one. I too looked at the Viewfinder, but because of the foregoing, would not consider one.
flugelboneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #5

Sorry to hear of your issues with your 189fbs! I hope you notified the dealer and manufacturer. We have thoroughly enjoyed our and had none of the afore mentioned problems. Like most everything manufactured theres always the one bad apple, maybe it yours was built on consecutive fridays or mondays (hang over or can wait to leave for the weekend) but still you should not have received poor quality.
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #6

Default viewfinder

Roger that. You can be assured a letter has been sent off to Funfinder. My concluding comment to them was that I had been initially impressed with the quality of fibreglass finish and the fact that it was tandem on a smaller trailer. It tows very well and, had they spent a bit more time on fit and finish inside, it could have been "top of the line".

You may be correct in the obsevation that in a small factory, who puts the trim on and who does the finishing has much to do with quality. However, someone should have been on hand to check the work!

I am confident that I can bring the unit up to my satisfaction with a bit of money and effort, but it galls me that one pays top dollar for shoddy work.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #7

Default Viewfinder

Just a followup to my comment on Funfinder qualilty. Got a positive response from Tom Peck of Funfinder customer service recently. I will be interested in what the company is prepared to do about my concerns regarding my trailer. My sense is they would prefer to have happy owners, and if this is the case, it is a good sign.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #8

Default viewfinder and funfinder quality

Just a note to advise that I received a further response from Mr. Tom Peck at Funfinder. They have responded to my quality control concerns in a positive manner. I would endorse Funfinder because of this. Their action on behalf of Funfinder to me indicates the company takes an interest in owners and has good followup.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
Site Team

Wow, sounds like FF made good on their errors. That's good to know. Anyone can make mistakes, the real test is how willing they are to own up to it and what they do to make it right.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #10

Two birds,
Did you purchase a Viewfinder? We sure enjoy ours and think that the fit and finish are excellent.
ArizAl

ArizAl is offline   Reply With Quote