Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2008, 03:47 PM   #1

Default we finally got to take the t160 out!

Well we finally go to try it out! It was GREAT! Three generations were on our family camping trip. We had four sites in Bow Valley camp ground in Kananaskis. I was nervous going out and did have some technical difficulties with the sway bars. They were too low to the ground. Went by the hitch shop and the guy told me that he will order me some more appropriate ones. So here I was first trip out and NO sway bars. But the funfinder was great. I didn't even notice it behind me. The pilot had no trouble pulling it, even up hills. When we got there I had no trouble backing into the site at all. Easy as pie. Everything worked great, furnace, fridge, awning, comfy beds. We used a rechargeable lantern for light to save the battery. Grandma used the toilet at night otherwise everyone used the camp toilets. In the end we had lots of water, the grey tank was only half full and the black water was still on empty so there wasn't much in there. We were gone for 3 nights.

Only three problems on the trip. One, my 21m old fell out of the screen door when she leaned on it. Guess I'll have to install and hook or something on the door. And the latch that holds the screen door to the hard door broke, seems to be missing the spring or something. The outside shower didn't get any hot water but the inside sink was burning hot! Maybe there's no hot water to the outside shower?
equalizer hitch
sway bars
prodigy brake control
sue.zee.q is offline   Reply With Quote