Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 07:25 PM   #1

Default well, yikes!

Today we were finishing up working on the t139 before we get down to some more traveling.

We had done a dumbly quick inspection of the tires even though we'd checked the air and lugs several times. when we bought the trailer, the spare was on the right side, and the chrome wheel was on the spare holder on the back. So we had planned to switch the tires. Today we were doing the EZ lube bearings, and my DH was under the camper checking the tires. He stuck his head out and told me to find us a tire before we left. Well, that spare was a mess on the inside of the tire. all lumpy and out of round. we drove all the was to CO on that tire.

We should have checked the date on the tire, I guess because the other two were new, we didn't notice the spare tire was old, probably original.

I'm very grateful we didn't have a blowout, and very hopeful that the tire was the cause of the odd bouncing sensation we felt from time to time......

I hope the age of the tire was the problem and not something with the suspension of the trailer. the tire on the left side is good, with no abnormal wear.

We have hose tested the camper with a strong spray and have had a heavy rain as well. happy to report "no leaks". We will be camped for a week where it will probably rain every day. hope it stays water tight!

Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:37 PM   #2

No leaks -- wonderful!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote