Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #1

Default WHY are used Funfinder X-160 WB's so hard to find???

OK, we've eliminated all the smaller travel trailers from our list of possibilities as we shop for a used one, leaving the Funfinder x-160 WB as the one that most suits our needs. Now we start searching for one and there seem to be so few and the prices fairly high for such a small camper. Can anyone tell me why???

ChristyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #2

Probably for the same reason you like it, it has a nice floor plan that fits people's needs and it is light enough that it can be towed easily with a mid-size pickup/suv. I know a few years ago when we were looking for a small 8 foot popup to pull behind my Jeep Wrangler we had a hard time finding one because the small popups were in such high demand because they can be towed behind smaller vehicles. We could find plenty of 10 & 12 footers near us for a reasonable price but the small ones were either gone quickly or they were asking premium prices for them. After months of searching we eventually found one at the end of the season from a dealer who reluctantly sold it to us for an offer below his asking price after it sat on his lot for a few weeks, I ended up having to travel over 6 hours away to buy that camper.

Good luck with your search, hopefully you will find one soon.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #3

Thanks for your insight! That all makes sense. I think I just assumed that most people preferred something a little larger than the 160. We're not giving up, especially since the camping season is winding down. Thanks again.

Christy
ChristyT is offline   Reply With Quote