Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #1

Default Yes, IT IS that time again

The weather has warmed (in this area again), the camper is out of winter storage, re-installed the battery, blown out the antifreeze, sanitized the water system, aired the tires, lubed the axle hubs, tested the water heater, refrigerator, microwave, range top and slide out to be sure all is functional before my first outing of the year on Memorial Day weekend.

Everything is good to go including the tow vehicle checked and tested too.

The one thing that would really help is if the GD gas prices hadn't increased so drastically. It's $4.199 w/15% ethanol (never use that crap), $4.299 for regular and $4.599 for premium.

The pickup uses regular and the Harley uses premium so it's pay to play.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
roy

We head out the 25th for a week in the NC smokey mountains. I have already used it back in March at Talladega GP track for a trackday. Then I had to put anti freeze back in it for a sudden cold spell in April. It's all warm down here now 87 today. Oh and gas locally is $3.18 a gallon here for regular non ethanol is around $3.48 regular.

Spent today washing her down and checking a few things. 1000 mile round trip.

Enjoy your Memorial Day trip!!

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #3

I have no idea why gas prices have jumped so horribly here. In the past week it has increased some 50 cents a gallon.

This map shows it well: http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

Warm here too lately ...... been in the high 80's most of the week and last week hit over 90 ....... two days before was 32 at night. Go figure?

Anyway, enjoy your week in the smokey mountains....been there twice and beautiful area.