Originally Posted by getzold
Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. So far our 214 (a 2014 version) s holding up well (knock on wood), but we have only made a couple of trips so far.
Where was your leak in the bedroom at? What did they do to try and make the repair? We want to make sure we are keeping an eye on those areas.
We are headed out for a two week jaunt to the Finger Lakes and Niagara area in NY next week.
How is the adventure in Tahoe coming along?
Originally, (on our first outing) we had a leak in the outside rear corner of the slideout with water running down the interior wall. I determined that water was getting underneath a strip of black vinyl tape meant to seal the joint between the horizontal surface and the vertical structure of the slideout frame. I simply ran a piece of Gorilla brand clear packing tape along the entire length of the vinyl strip sealing the edge of it. This fixed the leak for us for the following 6 weeks. A couple nights later I noticed water running down the interior wall from the lower corner of the wooden trim around the bedroom window (driver side). This created a small puddle on the flloor. Again, I simply used the packing tape around the entire perimeter of the window frame on the outside and this also fixed the leak for the remainder of the trip. I have used this clear packing tape for many years for a variety of things and like it because it leaves a minimal residue (unlike duct tape) and is waterproof. It is also somewhat inconspicuous due to its transparancy.
UPDATE: For some reason I'm finding that my old reliable packing tape trick isn't as nice as I thought it was relative to sticky residue after removing. I don't know if it's from getting so hot in the sun or the fact that it was left on for weeks at a time, but it seems to leave quite a bit of adhesive which I'm finding hard to remove now. It still is sealing very well however.
When we picked up the trailer from the dealer making the repair (after returning home) I expected to see my tape removed and a new piece of vinyl tape replaced. This was not the case .... everything on the slideout was exactly the way I left it with my packing tape in place. They had water tested it and found no leak so they likely didn't do anything. They did say that they removed the bedroom window, resealed and replaced it and then water tested it to their satisfaction. At this point, I don't see water running down the interior wall as before, but I do see puddles forming on the floor coming from beneath the "base board" covering the joint of the vertical wall with the floor. My concern now is that the water is leaking down between the inner and outer walls so it's hard to determine the extend of the leakage. Again, I taped off the window on the outside with my packing tape and the leak seems to have stopped.
So far our time as "work Kampers" at the KOA has been a revelation. It's way more work than we imagined and not something we would ever do again. It's a long story .... too long to go into here
I shot some video this morning as we actually saw the sun for the first time since we got here 10 days ago, so I hope to have a nice little video up sometime this week later.