Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #1

Default 189FDS JUNK

OK , I have to tell it like it is , My NEW Funfinder 189 FDS is JUNK JUNK JUNK I wish I had my Skyline back way better Camper , The Dealer BS me , My Bad I should have listen to my Wife & my Gut , My wife took me on the side and said I think our Laton is better then this new one nothing lines up , I told the guy at the dealer I think Im not going to get it , He said come on let me show you why the FF is better , My bad I got BS from him and got it , I guess after a 5 hour drive in 110 heat I gave up to quick, I had it with working on it , every time I fix something I find something new wrong , I can't beleve a US company can get away with doing this to others? Nothing I can do , I'm stuck with it , Way Over Priced peace of JUNK

Megabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #2

Hey Megabusa-
Sorry to hear of your regrets. Please tell us what year your 189FDS is. Cruiser made some substantial changes from 2010 to 2011. I am considering "upgrading" to the 2011 189FBS (please note, I said FBS, not your dinette in the slide model). I am curious what you are having to fix. Several of us have posted problems with fit and finish. I wonder if you are talking something more serious??
jbfunfinder

2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfunfinder
Hey Megabusa-
Sorry to hear of your regrets. Please tell us what year your 189FDS is. Cruiser made some substantial changes from 2010 to 2011. I am considering "upgrading" to the 2011 189FBS (please note, I said FBS, not your dinette in the slide model). I am curious what you are having to fix. Several of us have posted problems with fit and finish. I wonder if you are talking something more serious??
jbfunfinder
Brand New 2011 FDS To much to list thats wrong , If you want you can call me at 928 660 9138 , I even show you things on your Camper thats NOT in Code and wrong . About 4 or 5 hours after work every day I work on my Camper & week ends so far . Never had to do that with my Laton Camper.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #4

Default Ok I have a little time here for this

#1 Batterys would not fit in with Battery Boxes , So I made a frame and welded it on , Now Batterys fit in with Boxes , Batterys should be inclosed in Battery Boxes . #2 If you put your head on the Kitchen wall you can see in the Bathroom, the wall came aport from the counter top & cabnets #3 Same wall came aport in Bathroom by Sink ex ex #4 The holders the keep the outside doors up had to be Glued , #5 the out side Main door leaks water you can see daylight threw the molding #6 When useing the AC & M-wave at the sametime on 30 amps it trips both brakers but not the Main 30 amp ,Im still working on this ??? #7 Elc wires under Camper were being cut on the Frame , addad Wire loom ,#8 Window Shads String holders screws came out of wall so I made a fix , #9 Outside Shower line pulled the Cable line out of housing , So when you take out the outside Shower head you could be pulling the Cable line or Elc line or water line Its a mess in there, #10The Main Cable line that comes in was connected the the Ant-in on the Radio & Vice-A-Verca Never check the rest of them yet ? #11 Right rear Light was hanging off , Some A-O glued over the light bracket were the cover would not fit , #12 Kinked water Line had to take out the Elc panel , This is your main Elc panel AC 30 Amps & DC 12 Volts ,behind it is your outside shower & water lines that could leak & cause a Fire , This is NUTS to put this behind this Panel , Thats got to be out of Code, This is just the tip of the Iceburg of what I have done SOFAR?
Old 06-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #5

Default More

When we got home with our New FunFinder my Wife clean it Her way , She found more stuff P-C parts ex ex , One thing She found was a wall ring the kind that goes in a hole cutout , I found were it went ,It was for the Microwave wire plug , When I went to unplug it to put the ring in the hole the Outlet came out , The Cutout is way to big for the outlet , the same thing goes for the Cable outlet over the TV , You can see the Cutout even with the cover on , How do I fix this?? Its stuff like this that drives me NUTS every time I fix something I found something more wrong , I paid way more money for this FF then my Laton , I was told it was so much more then the Laton , I was hopeing I got a goodone , I did not want to drive 5 1/2 hours to the dealer for warrenties , But this thing is driving me over the top , I don't even think the dealer can fix it ? & they call it a FunFinder I call it a Nightmare, My Laton was twice the Camper at 1/2 the price.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #6

Default Still more to come

More stuff , I did see this before I got it , The Arm that holds the TV had only 2 screws , Thats the X looking part at the end of the Arm , The TV had only 2 Screws holding it up , Its made for 4 screws , But the way the Arm was made it could not fit that low in the cabnet, So what they did was use the two holes on the bottom of the X part & the two holes on the top of the TV , Not a good hold at all, I showed the Guy at the dealer and He told me theres nothing that can be done with it ,HMMMMMMMM So I took the Swing away Arm & depressed the fittings out and turned them up-side-down & pressed them back in . Now the TV is held by 4 screws like it was ment to be , I guess FF could have did more THINKING on that to.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #7

Megabusa,
I would make a copy of your posts on this Forum and send them to Cruiser RV and ask them what they would suggest that you do to make your new trailer useable. Then please post their reply so we can all see how much responsiblilty they will accept for their shoddy workmanship and how they propose to fix your trailer's issues. I thought that the Fleetwood Wilderness that I owned a few years ago was the biggest piece of junk that was ever built but I guess that it was a Mercedes compared to your Fun Finder. I know how boring that drive is from Page to Flagstaff is as I made sales calls at NPS every week for a few years. But maybe with the support from the factory you can make one trip to Phoenix and get every thing resolved to your satisfaction. I also want to apologize to you and Saltynuts for giving you guys a bad time about your many posts about the shoddy workmanship on you trailers.
I wish you the best of luck on getting your problems resolved.
ArizAl
ArizAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizAl
Megabusa,
I would make a copy of your posts on this Forum and send them to Cruiser RV and ask them what they would suggest that you do to make your new trailer useable. Then please post their reply so we can all see how much responsiblilty they will accept for their shoddy workmanship and how they propose to fix your trailer's issues. I thought that the Fleetwood Wilderness that I owned a few years ago was the biggest piece of junk that was ever built but I guess that it was a Mercedes compared to your Fun Finder. I know how boring that drive is from Page to Flagstaff is as I made sales calls at NPS every week for a few years. But maybe with the support from the factory you can make one trip to Phoenix and get every thing resolved to your satisfaction. I also want to apologize to you and Saltynuts for giving you guys a bad time about your many posts about the shoddy workmanship on you trailers.
ArizAl
I asked the Dealer if he could give me back my Laton and undo the deal , I got a NO, But he is going to call the main office and try to make it right , I allso asked it I could return it for and other FDS 189 Thinking maybe this one was made on a Friday or Monday I allso got a NO, PS I don't recall reading any Post about you giving me a bad time ? and are you from page ? Do you work for the NPS ? sometimes I build Docks for the NPS , Just made some for Page Steel that went to Dangling rope in LakePowell for the NPS. Small World
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizAl
Megabusa,
ArizAl
I forgot , Yes I will update you guys on this matter , But first Im trying to find more info for myself , Like trying to get intouch with OSAH , Where FF put the Elc outlel box on front of the frame , This is a INDOOR elc AC box , NOT a outdoor DC elc box , This is a SHORT wating to happen, OSAH came on my lot and made me put caps in every one that did not have it (NOT IN CODE )and they were outdoor SEALED boxes. I know this is wrong, and putting the OUTSIDE SHOWER right behind the OPEN YES OPEN 30 AMP AC 12 VOLTS DC PANEL is wrong to. Just a few things Im looking into. I bet theres going to be a RECALL
Old 06-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #10

Default Called Cruiser RV

Called FunFinder and talked with a Mr Gentry , He told me the only thing HE can do is let other RV dealers try to fix my Problums under warrinty were I don't have to drive so far, B&L in Town can do the Brakes only , Its over there now , One less thing I have to do , I guess my next stop is ST George UT 2 1/2 hours or Flag staff AZ about the same ? He allso told me , By me working on it Myself could void the Warrinty . Well I guess Im out , So far I been doing a better JOB then them . Called Matt at the Dealer , Im still wating on the Owners Manuels that I never got , I think Matt is OK , I think he's trying to help , But not much he can do ? If I were them I get rid of the FF line because I know I can't be the only one with this many FunFinder problums
Old 06-29-2011, 03:23 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to sheng

Well, ah, you are fixating the top

office 2007
sheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheng
Well, ah, you are fixating the top

office 2007
Well , Ah, Lets See here I don't have Internet at home or care to I'm new to this , I'm at WORK with better things to do LIKE MY JOB , This PC is in a DARK room & half the time it don't work , SO about Fixating the top , I could care less , It stays like it is Fig-R-it-out
Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 PM   #13

Default crap[

Worked my butt off to buy a trailer. FF are crap trailers. my wife and I bought it Feb this year, and so far have used it once and we have a lot of problems. Took it out and had some problems with it. Heres the list. 1. seams are not sealed on top of slide 2.outside shower has major water leak when used 3. eleceric toung jack quit working 4. cable line was cut in to. 5.Leaks in 2 spots at front under mattress 6.shock that holds door open broke off 7.some lug nuts are strpped. 8.mattress has a tear in it. Taking this peice of crap in to get fixed next week we see how well they do. If auto compcnys make their cars reliable why cant rv companys? Its good we all can have this support group for all our trailers. Salty
Old 06-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #14

Hey guys.
Wish i found your comments back in January.
Salty... My roof seams were not sealed either and the furnace quit after a few days. We were in the middle of the Rocky mountains last week and were cold as hell all night. had to go to town and buy space heaters.
See my post that lists all the problems.
My is a new 2012 313BHS

russ
1959 Mooney M20A
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
Hey guys.
Wish i found your comments back in January.
Salty... My roof seams were not sealed either and the furnace quit after a few days. We were in the middle of the Rocky mountains last week and were cold as hell all night. had to go to town and buy space heaters.
See my post that lists all the problems.
My is a new 2012 313BHS

russ
Russ,
Sorry to hear of your bad luck with your trailer. Sadly, it seems the entire RV industry suffers from this. We can go over and look on forums for every brand out there ( including very high priced stuff ) and see these same kinds of posts. Honestly, I've said it before, and I say it again, these things are pretty much "some assembly required", and "best owned by folks who like to tinker".

I've actually had pretty good luck out of my 189FDS, although I have had to fix various small items. How about this: they hooked up the hoses wrong for the fresh water system. It took me an hour or so of tinkering with it before I figured what they did wrong. These are issues that really should not happen, but like I said, they do, and if we want to mess with having a camper, we might as well get used to the idea of carrying tools with us, and using them when needed.

Like I said, it does not matter what end of the market you buy at either. Go over to the Airstream forums, and you will find guys that have spent $70-$80 grand on a trailer, only to have it leak, and rot out the floor in a year....and then these guys are disappointed ( justifiably so ) to find the floor is made from OSB.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with this hobby. Hopefully you can either fix this trailer, or find something else that makes you happy.

george
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #16

GMW: plan on sticking it out. And i know all about the guys with the real high end stuff with even worse problems.
Just find it a little discouraging.
I have british cars and an airplane to boot so i am a patient man when it comes to dealing with issues! LOL
Hopefully when i get all the bugs out i have a this unit for a long time.

Regards

Russ
1959 Mooney M20A
Old 07-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #17

Well, for sure, RV's are a 'constant maintenance' hobby. But last week, when I was camped for five days at 8800 feet....sitting outside in the sunshine in the early morning chill drinking a cup of coffee.....pretty much made all the work worthwhile.

gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #18

Hi all: Just wanted to update you on the issues i had.
The good folks at Roadmaster found all the problems.
The furnace short was a staple through the wiring from the thermostat that happened during manufacturing, the leak was just poorly installed sealing tape. the missing trim was my fault! it is not supposed to be on both sides and the shower just needed some more of those plastic rivets that seal the shower install from the wall.

Thanks to Roadmaster and Cruiser for standing behind their products.
Looks like we just had to work the bugs out and all is well now.
we were out in one heck of a thunderstorm this weekend and we stayed dry and warm!

1959 Mooney M20A