Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2021, 10:20 AM   #1

Default 81st Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Aug 6-15th

The 81's Annual Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis South Dakota.

Should be a great time once again.

A few years ago when there was the ONLY time I've seen another XT276 and they parked right beside me at the campground.

See you there

https://rallysturgis.com/

Old 08-01-2021, 11:44 AM   #2

Was just there in Sturgis SD a week ago. Be ready to wait for everything 1hr wait for McDonald's. Hour and a half for to eat at Uncle Louis on main. They have zero help.

rockport96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:56 AM   #3

No long waiting as the campground serves food....good food at reasonable prices. Always have breakfast there and sometimes the evening meal. Place an order and it's up in about 5 to 10 minutes.
Old 08-02-2021, 08:44 AM   #4

Default Sturgis

We stayed at the sturgis down town RV park just off lassale st. They didn’t have enough help and couldn’t find any, so what ever your use too isn’t how it is now. Beware
rockport96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 09:28 AM   #5

Buddy has stayed at the downtown RV park you mentioned for several years and called last week, has reserved spot wanted and all is good.

I stay about 8 miles outside Sturgis at family owned/operated campground and they have 1 or 2 helpers, maybe - otherwise all family.

No problem
Old 08-09-2021, 12:59 AM   #6

Smile Sturgis Rally

I wonder if we own that trailer that was parked beside you a few years ago. We live in Ontario, close to Stratford and bought the trailer from a couple near Tiverton, ON
Sure wish the border was open so we could check out this rally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
The 81's Annual Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis South Dakota.

Should be a great time once again.

A few years ago when there was the ONLY time I've seen another XT276 and they parked right beside me at the campground.

See you there

https://rallysturgis.com/

ON-getaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:36 AM   #7
APD

Talking

Checked on the web cams in Sturgis a few times. Looks like everyone is having fun. It's probably a good thing there no web cams at the campgrounds......
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON-getaway View Post
I wonder if we own that trailer that was parked beside you a few years ago. We live in Ontario, close to Stratford and bought the trailer from a couple near Tiverton, ON
Sure wish the border was open so we could check out this rally.
Party that has exact same FunFinder as mine and parked next to me was from Missouri or ??? done recall but not from Canada. It was 3 fellows as I recall & one mentioned they forgot to secure the vent cover from the stove hood fan vent and lost it when traveling.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD View Post
Checked on the web cams in Sturgis a few times. Looks like everyone is having fun. It's probably a good thing there no web cams at the campgrounds......
Any of that type of 'activity' is mostly found at the Buffalo Chip campground. Only stayed there once ... to noisy to get any sleep.

Had a great time and spent most of it riding thru the Hills again with very little time spent in Sturgis.. basically only part of one morning. Streets were not to busy but always a bottleneck to enter/exit the town of Sturgis.

Noticed more bikes throughout the Black Hills in every little 'whistle stop' along the roads than even during the 50th Rally.

Initial forecast was for about 3/4 million visitors but latest forecast (based on attendence) is a total of closer to 1 million bikers for the Rally.

You have to remember, many only come for a few days and leave so the numbers change daily and the number each day may be more or less than the day before. NEVER is the total number of those in attendance there for the entire Rally period.

The weather was great but a little warm in the high 80's & 90's but always cooler riding thru the Hills.
Old 08-12-2021, 02:37 PM   #10
APD

Saw on the real news that SD Governor Noem visited and rode with a group out to the Buffalo Chip. That was refreshing to see.
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD View Post
Saw on the real news that SD Governor Noem visited and rode with a group out to the Buffalo Chip. That was refreshing to see.
Yes, Gov. Noem is a 'real person person'