Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2020, 02:34 PM   #1

Default Camping

Haven't done much camping this season but heading out tuesday morning for Moab Ut. Be there for 5 Days, boonedocking.

seismo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:15 PM   #2

Great! Have fun!

And I really like the new word -- boone-docking. It invokes the spirit of Daniel Boone!

Old 09-06-2020, 07:25 PM   #3

I found these quotes attributable to Daniel Boone:
“I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.”
“Heaven must be a Kentucky kind of place.”
Felicity, the companion of content, is rather found in our own breasts than in the enjoyment of external things; and I firmly believe it requires but a little philosophy to make a man happy in whatever state he is.
In this situation I was constantly exposed to danger and death.
Let peace, descending from her native heaven, bid her olives spring amidst the joyful nations; and plenty, in league with commerce, scatter blessings from her copious hand!
In such a diversity it was impossible I should be disposed to melancholy.
In the decline of the day, near Kentucky river, as we ascended the brow of a small hill, a number of Indians rushed out of a thick cane-brake upon us, and made us prisoners.
A zeal for the defence of their country led these heroes to the scene of action, though with a few men to attack a powerful army of experienced warriors.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seismo101 View Post
Haven't done much camping this season but heading out tuesday morning for Moab Ut. Be there for 5 Days, boonedocking.
My absolute favorite place to boon... unfortunately I wasn't able to make it down there due to Covid, but there's always next year.
Attached Thumbnails
58805621_10219184133694648_1103883861533655040_o.jpg  
Xerofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #5

I haven't gone out on ventures as much as I would like ... nothing to do with the 'big china virus scare' the media is pounding 24/7/365....just timing.
Visited the Teddy Roosevelt National Park, the Custer Battlefield, and Sturgis Annual Motorcycle Rally.
Had a great time.
If wife gets some time off, will make another venture out.
Old 09-11-2020, 06:53 AM   #6

The air conditioner in our aging ('07 x210) hasn't been doing its job for a while now and I haven't gotten around to a repair or replacement. Rather than suffer the heat and humidity of Summer, once again our FF spent a good share of the camping season in "extended confinement"! Got it out before Labor Day this year (it was after LD last year) for some late season trips.
As I write this we are enjoying a pleasant stay in the northern most part of Wisconsin (Bayfield County) camped along the shores of Chequamegon Bay (Lake Superior). No need for the A/C with high temps in mid 60s and low near freezing. The propane heater has been doing a great job at night! Used the electric space heater for a bit but the power cord was getting too hot ( more like warm) for my wife's liking, so I put it away. I need to finish off one of my propane cylinders so I can get it recertified, so I'm not so concerned about the propane consumption. Despite being 13+ years old, the x210 is serving us well (except for the A/C). The city managed campground doesn't have water hookups at any of the sites but I filled the on board tank upon arrival and top up as needed using a 5 gal jug. The city has an artesian well with great tasting water so I guess I'm satisfied with the situation.
We're hoping to get a few more trips in before the snow flies. I would be very happy to have a bit of Indian Summer into the end of October. (Don't know if that's cultural appropriation or not but I hope it's not offensive to Native American or First Nation people.)

2007 Shadow Cruiser x210, 2004 RAM 2500 4x4 QuadCab SLT 5.9L CTD, Factory Tow Pkg (3.73 axle), HaulMaster WDH
RipVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 12:46 PM   #7

Hey ! Have fun out there boondocking in Moab. I've always wanted to head out that way. We now live in Southwest Utah and are hoping to get out to Moab this fall. Let us know how the trip went........with pics !!

mjpguy is offline   Reply With Quote