Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > Camping, Road Trips and Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-25-2017, 02:41 PM   #1

Default First outing of the summer this weekend

Going on our first outing of the summer this weekend ... making a trip up by Detroit Lakes, Minnesota and will be staying here: Home - Welcome to Country Campground!

Looks like a very nice campground with great reviews so looking forward to a wonderful time relaxing and taking in the sites of the area on the Harley. However, should inclement weather set-in, can scout the area in the pickup,

Best to all for a wonderful, enjoyable and safe Memorial Day holiday.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Going on our first outing of the summer this weekend ... making a trip up by Detroit Lakes, Minnesota and will be staying here: Home - Welcome to Country Campground!

Looks like a very nice campground with great reviews so looking forward to a wonderful time relaxing and taking in the sites of the area on the Harley. However, should inclement weather set-in, can scout the area in the pickup,

Best to all for a wonderful, enjoyable and safe Memorial Day holiday.
Have a great time Eagle! Stay safe. It looks nice. Only 30 campsites. I like that.

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #3

Mich ... thanks. Nice campground and very helpful staff. Got here about 6PM and set up then drove around a bit and had a bite to eat
Looking forward to a relaxing few days.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:44 AM   #4

Don't forget to take pics for us "dreamers"! ��
Old 05-27-2017, 03:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas newbie View Post
Don't forget to take pics for us "dreamers"! ��
Not a big picture person, neither have nor want a 'smartphone' but had a digital camera wife uses. Maybe she can put them on the computer and figure out on to post 'em.

BTW: this may interest you for your upcoming trip:

BLACK HILLS & BADLANDS TOURISM ASSOCIATION
www.blackhillsbadlands.com | (605) 355-3600
Old 05-27-2017, 04:17 PM   #6

Thanks for the link! Found some coupons we might use. Always good to save $$$$ while on vacation! Even when " bringing your own home on wheels" with you, every little bit helps ����
Old 05-30-2017, 06:10 AM   #7

We have returned from out 1st outing of the summer. Had a great time, all aspects of the pickup/toy hauler functioned perfectly.
Very nice campground, very friendly staff. Only two detractors, the cable TV reception was poor and the 5th wheel camper next site had unruly kids that shouted constantly and littered trash....the parents were equally sorry.
The weather was super on Saturday, great day for touring on the Harley but Sunday was intermittent showers so toured a wilderness area in the pickup. Monday was drizzeling so packed mid morning and headed for home.

Fought a stiff wind on the way to and from so mileage not that great ... 10 MPG.

Overall, good trip and nice getaway.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:51 AM   #8

Glad you got away Eagle. Sounds like a good place to return to. Isn't it a bummer that we can't pick our camping neighbors. But I can't complain, we only had one obnoxious neighbor and they quieted down after I requested it, but grudgingly. They were two senior citizen couples blasting their outdoor speakers.
We leave in about two hours on our maiden voyage. We really overdid it the last few weeks getting the old girl spiffed up. But we did it! How on earth did we get so much stuff into the Funfinder?? We're exhausted and happy to br done with the inside. Have a good week.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:14 AM   #9

Glad you got your old girl spiffed and ready to roll on a maiden voyage and hope all goes well.
I have only have the radio on once to see if it worked...same with outdoor speakers and that was at home. We do use the TV and upgraded to a 32" smart TV as it just fit into the space where the small 12/14"" factory unit was located.
Getting ready for our outing, I found a number of items we have never needed and removed them or soon every nook an cranny is packed with unneeded items. LOL
Have a wonder, fun and safe outing.
Enjoy!
Old 05-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #10

Glad you got away despite the " neighbors"! We have the same problem at our stick and mortar home!!��
Our trip is a little less than 2 weeks away and I really wish it were sooner! But alas, when you're the director of a car show and the city clerk, there's just too much to do until you can go out and play!! (When did I turn into a responsible adult?!). ��
Old 05-30-2017, 11:54 AM   #11

"Responsible adult" or whipping post? Too much dealing with all kinds of people to my mind. Lol!
Old 05-30-2017, 04:50 PM   #12

I resemble that comment-LOL! I enjoy my city clerk job, but usually only one week out of the month!!! The car show part is because the previous director quit due to health reasons and once it gets here and I'm not "freaking out", I do enjoy it. This year is more stressful because of our vacation starts the day after....who in their right mind scheduled that!?!����
Old 05-30-2017, 04:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas newbie View Post
I resemble that comment-LOL! I enjoy my city clerk job, but usually only one week out of the month!!! The car show part is because the previous director quit due to health reasons and once it gets here and I'm not "freaking out", I do enjoy it. This year is more stressful because of our vacation starts the day after....who in their right mind scheduled that!?!����
Lol! The world runs on people like you willing to do it. I'm sure you are appreciated.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:32 PM   #14

Thanks. Like most people I don't seek out the accolades; I do the volunteer work because I want to. Work, on the other hand, is because I HAVE to!��
Old 05-31-2017, 07:54 AM   #15

OOohhh . . unpleasant neighbors at a stick built is horrible ... been there so finally sold and relocated....a few years later the AH neighbor sold and moved out of state. Wonder if they were only there to irritate me ?? LOL

Agree about time constraints, although I'm retired, wife has a few years to go in Deputy Clerk of Courts position.

Only 2 weeks until you visit the Black Hills ... staying near Hot Springs IIRC. Check this event calendar, punch in the dates of your visit and see what events are taking place. Events Calendar | Black Hills & Badlands - South Dakota

Old 05-31-2017, 06:38 PM   #16

Thanks, Eagle for all your " links" for our upcoming trip to your wonderful state. We're staying at the Beaver Lake campground outside Custer City. Hoping it doesn't rain on our outings! Everything I've planned are outside, so, please put your order in for nice weather for us��
Old 05-31-2017, 09:06 PM   #17

It looks like a very nice, well kept campground with many amenities. I do hope you have a great time and visit many of the interesting places in the Black Hills/Badlands area.

As for no rain, I doubt I have enough pull to manage that but requests to the One in charge of the weather never hurts.

Enjoy and look forward to your 'trip report' upon completion.

Stay safe and have a wonderful time.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:51 AM   #18

Default First outing of the summer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
It looks like a very nice, well kept campground with many amenities. I do hope you have a great time and visit many of the interesting places in the Black Hills/Badlands area.

As for no rain, I doubt I have enough pull to manage that but requests to the One in charge of the weather never hurts.

Enjoy and look forward to your 'trip report' upon completion.

Stay safe and have a wonderful time.
Thanks. Will ask the One in charge of the weather to go "sparse" on the rain while we're there. We plan to do as many of the "sights" as possible, but also take time for us! Will give a report with pics (hopefully) upon our return!