Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2016, 11:38 AM   #1

Default How about a FF MN North Shore Campout in May or June

Okay, okay, I know I just got back from almost 4 weeks to Southern AZ, BUT... I am thinking about May or even June. There are trips planned for Northern Wisconsin and Northern Michigan, so why not sneak a trip in for Northern Minnesota???
Maybe somewhere between Lake Superior and The End of the Trail (Northern MN at the Boundary Waters), in Minnesota's Arrowhead region... May may be a bit early ... June may be better, but I am starting to look into places and dates... If anyone is interested, post your ideas and dates...

Maybe we can find a smaller CG with hook-ups, a ways off the beaten path that has hiking, walking, biking, etc. to give us something to do... or not...

Here is a shot I took in a past camping trip to the North Shore Area...
Attached Thumbnails
Split Rock Lighthouse - Lk Sup-Crpd-1500.jpg  

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:17 PM   #2

I'd be in. We have Bear Head State Park booked for Memorial day weekend. It's straight north of Duluth. I haven't been there yet, but have heard good things about it and the lake.

La Salle Lake State Park July 4th weekend. This is an old private owned park with full hook ups the state took over 4 or 5 years ago and is a gem! La Salle lake is awesome, but it's over near the Mississippi headwaters in the Itasca area.

I'm open to anywhere! We just love to go.

How about something on the lake Superior shore? Might be tough to find a spot, but it's something I keep saying I'm going to do. I could bring the kayaks, it would be a blast!
Hobie i9s kayak
Kafn8td is offline   Reply With Quote