Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-13-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,330
Default Michigan, Ohio, Indiana Meet-up?

Curious if any FF Owners from nearby states would be interested in a 3 day weekend Meet-up at a centrally located campground this spring. I'm thinking May would work for us.
What do you think?

Marilyn and Paul in Michigan.
__________________

__________________
2008 Fun Finder 189 FBR, (replaced by) 1996 Shasta 265DBFW April 2017.
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 (replaced by.....)
2006 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew cab
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
twinster2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kalamazoo, MI & Leesburg, FL
Posts: 573
Default

That is something we might be able to do. Perhaps early May?
__________________

__________________
2013 Highlander AWD
2010 Fun Finder 189FBR
Into Camping and RC Flying
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,330
Default

Yes, an early May kick-off to the camping season would br fun. Of course anyone would be welcome. I just picked adjacent states.
__________________
2008 Fun Finder 189 FBR, (replaced by) 1996 Shasta 265DBFW April 2017.
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 (replaced by.....)
2006 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew cab
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:25 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
John_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Curious if any FF Owners from nearby states would be interested in a 3 day weekend Meet-up at a centrally located campground this spring. I'm thinking May would work for us.
What do you think?

Marilyn and Paul in Michigan.
Hi Marilyn & Paul,
I probably not be ready until mid-to late April or early May... But it sounds good...
__________________
Happy Camping,
John (JC)

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Hi Marilyn & Paul,
I probably not be ready until mid-to late April or early May... But it sounds good...
Wow! That would be so great to see you. We have ours stored until the end of April and then need to do some maintenance. We won't male the mistake of heading to black fly country (north) in the spring again!!
Better to head south from here...Ohio probably. Or Indiana Amish Country??? That could be fun.
__________________
2008 Fun Finder 189 FBR, (replaced by) 1996 Shasta 265DBFW April 2017.
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 (replaced by.....)
2006 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew cab
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:33 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
twinster2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kalamazoo, MI & Leesburg, FL
Posts: 573
Default

We could try Pokagon State Park in Indiana. It is about 15 miles south of the Michigan border on US 69.
__________________
2013 Highlander AWD
2010 Fun Finder 189FBR
Into Camping and RC Flying
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinster2 View Post
We could try Pokagon State Park in Indiana. It is about 15 miles south of the Michigan border on US 69.
That sounds like a good possibility for John from MN and for us. Have you been there? All we need is electric. A pretty place is more important than hook ups for us. I was thinking May 19 for 2-3 nights?
__________________
2008 Fun Finder 189 FBR, (replaced by) 1996 Shasta 265DBFW April 2017.
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 (replaced by.....)
2006 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew cab
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:06 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,330
Default

Or, Potato Creek State Park? Which is farther west?
__________________
2008 Fun Finder 189 FBR, (replaced by) 1996 Shasta 265DBFW April 2017.
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 (replaced by.....)
2006 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew cab
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:23 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
John_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 487
Default

Hi Marilyn & Paul,
I have the first trip planned for AZ and places unknown... That is a minimum of ~2,500 miles (one way) and I will need to see where everything stands when I get back...

The IN trip roughly calculates to about 550 miles (one way) to Potato Creek State Park; and Pokagon State Park is about 725 - 750 miles one way (depending route around Chicago)... I may end up passing on the trip, but really won't know until I get back from AZ...

I also need to check my pocket book,... Just going over in my mind... Ballpark gas for 5,000 miles with gas prices continuing to climb again; I already have FF re-roofing costs that will be close to $1,000; I also plan to replace the trailer tires before heading out... I am not sure where I'll be $$-wise by April/May...

The Boss wanted to make a few trip also... so, need to figure it all out... I apologize for my uncertainty...
__________________
Happy Camping,
John (JC)

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Hi Marilyn & Paul,
I have the first trip planned for AZ and places unknown... That is a minimum of ~2,500 miles (one way) and I will need to see where everything stands when I get back...

The IN trip roughly calculates to about 550 miles (one way) to Potato Creek State Park; and Pokagon State Park is about 725 - 750 miles one way (depending route around Chicago)... I may end up passing on the trip, but really won't know until I get back from AZ...

I also need to check my pocket book,... Just going over in my mind... Ballpark gas for 5,000 miles with gas prices continuing to climb again; I already have FF re-roofing costs that will be close to $1,000; I also plan to replace the trailer tires before heading out... I am not sure where I'll be $$-wise by April/May...
The Boss wanted to make a few trip also... so, need to figure it all out... I apologize for my uncertainty...
Right, I actually was thinking about all of that in terms of you as well. We are 250 miles from the southern Michigan border also, or at least 3 1/2 hours, but half of your distance. $1000 sounds reasonable for your roof rehab. Should be well worth it. Will play it by ear.

http://www.funfinderclub.com/forums/...icture320.jpeg
__________________
2008 Fun Finder 189 FBR, (replaced by) 1996 Shasta 265DBFW April 2017.
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 (replaced by.....)
2006 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew cab
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
John_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Right, I actually was thinking about all of that in terms of you as well. We are 250 miles from the southern Michigan border also, or at least 3 1/2 hours, but half of your distance. $1000 sounds reasonable for your roof rehab. Should be well worth it. Will play it by ear.

http://www.funfinderclub.com/forums/...icture320.jpeg
I like the hanger idea... I'll look at mine when I get it home and see what I can do...

The roof was actually more than that... That was only the deductible and extra work while the FF was in the shop. As a heads-up, my current roof is not a rubber roof, it is actually a vinyl roof; it is thinner and not as tough as a rubber roof. The vinyl also has a fabric underlay that will absorb water if the vinyl leaks. The replacement will be a "rubber" roof and Mike and Jon will build up the center, lengthwise to allow better drainage. They also need to redo some of the bedroom paneling due to leakage and probably will be done ... maybe next week. I went ahead and got them to upgrade the roof vent fan while they had it all off anyway, and they are going to check on a soft spot in the shower floor as well...

BTW, these are the same guys the did the front clip and I have a lot of confidence in their work...
__________________
Happy Camping,
John (JC)

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
I like the hanger idea... I'll look at mine when I get it home and see what I can do...

The roof was actually more than that... That was only the deductible and extra work while the FF was in the shop. As a heads-up, my current roof is not a rubber roof, it is actually a vinyl roof; it is thinner and not as tough as a rubber roof. The vinyl also has a fabric underlay that will absorb water if the vinyl leaks. The replacement will be a "rubber" roof and Mike and Jon will build up the center, lengthwise to allow better drainage. They also need to redo some of the bedroom paneling due to leakage and probably will be done ... maybe next week. I went ahead and got them to upgrade the roof vent fan while they had it all off anyway, and they are going to check on a soft spot in the shower floor as well...

BTW, these are the same guys the did the front clip and I have a lot of confidence in their work...
Oh, I see. I'm thinking ours is that vinyl stuff too. I didn't realize insurance would pay for repairs like that. Our front cap was looking a bit iffy before we took it to storage. But no extra money to put into it for a while. We kind of live close to the edge if you know what I mean.
__________________
2008 Fun Finder 189 FBR, (replaced by) 1996 Shasta 265DBFW April 2017.
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 (replaced by.....)
2006 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew cab
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:18 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
John_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Oh, I see. I'm thinking ours is that vinyl stuff too. I didn't realize insurance would pay for repairs like that. Our front cap was looking a bit iffy before we took it to storage. But no extra money to put into it for a while. We kind of live close to the edge if you know what I mean.
Hi Mich,
I don't know about your front clip damage, but my insurance company (then Traveler's) said that damage was covered, but would not cover normal wear and tear... Also Mike and Jon at Patton RV are very good when working with the insurance folks. I would suggest that when you can, call Patton and speak with Jon or Mike, explain what you have and even send pics along with your concerns.

No work was actually done to mine until the insurance agent reviewed the clam and visited Patton to look at the trailer... They actually just started work on it last week...

Patton is a small place, but they did a good job on my front clip replacement and window removal (before I bought my trailer) and they were a couple thousand $$$ cheaper than another place I called on the roof damage...

BTW, I have since changed carriers as Traveler's jacked up my rates for 2017 and I have enrolled with Good Sam for the Trailer... Anyway, it only costs you a phone call and I am guessing that the longer you go, the damage behind the walls will increase...

I saw an RV at Patton last week that had roof leakage and they had to remove the entire roof... framing, wood, decking, everything...

Good Luck Mich and keep me informed...
__________________
Happy Camping,
John (JC)

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:36 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 372
Default

Anyone try, heard of FlexArmor (rvroof.com)? Sounds pretty interesting (read expensive). But if an insurance claim is paying for a replacement roof, maybe the cost difference is something worth paying.
Anyways-sounds like a good upgrade if you're the type to keep a trailer forever. And it seems like the Line-X or Rhino roof coating.
Bad thing is seems like just a few places do it and they're mostly in the south.
__________________
2012 FunFinder X 210UDS
4-68 watt flexible panels; 1-215 glass panel/4 Battle Born LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Batteries
2014 Ford F350 6.7 Liter PowerStroke V-8 Diesel longbed, SRW
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:09 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
John_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner421 View Post
Anyone try, heard of FlexArmor (rvroof.com)? Sounds pretty interesting (read expensive). But if an insurance claim is paying for a replacement roof, maybe the cost difference is something worth paying.
Anyways-sounds like a good upgrade if you're the type to keep a trailer forever. And it seems like the Line-X or Rhino roof coating.
Bad thing is seems like just a few places do it and they're mostly in the south.
Hi Runner421,
I believe that I called RVRoof last year while checking on different trailer stuff... They install FlexArmor (I believe); the one I called comes right to your house and does the job; if I remember there was a 20 yr or lifetime warranty on the the roof... But, like you said, it was a bit spendy...
__________________
Happy Camping,
John (JC)

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:36 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
John_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 487
Default

Ooops. I was wrong... The place was RV Armor Inc. and the guy was Dave:
RV Armor Inc.
440-334-8142

These guys come right to your house and after looking at the e-mail from Dave, they were priced competitively...

I just knew the guys at Patton, a two generation RV repair and sales business, and Mike and Jon grew up working on trailers... They are close, have treated me fair, and were very competitively priced... I also like working with a small family business...
__________________
Happy Camping,
John (JC)

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:12 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 372
Default

Thanks - always good to add a resource to the list of possible repair/upgrade options.
__________________
2012 FunFinder X 210UDS
4-68 watt flexible panels; 1-215 glass panel/4 Battle Born LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Batteries
2014 Ford F350 6.7 Liter PowerStroke V-8 Diesel longbed, SRW
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:52 AM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Default

Sounds like you might be in the lower part of MI which is not on my radar this year... I will be camping up in the UP of MI at Tahquamenon Falls State Park from May 25th thru May 29th. This will be my first Spring trip up there. Second trip planned for end of August/Labor Day in McClain State Park up past Houghton/Hancock. My summer plans include A WI State Forest area, 2 WI State Parks and 1 County Park. There goes all my vact time for 2017 Before I start venturing much past WI and UP I want a new vehicle which I hope to get in Fall of 2018. I would love to meet up with some other FunFinder owners in the future!
Sunflowergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:59 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
twinster2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kalamazoo, MI & Leesburg, FL
Posts: 573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowergurl View Post
Sounds like you might be in the lower part of MI which is not on my radar this year... I will be camping up in the UP of MI at Tahquamenon Falls State Park from May 25th thru May 29th. This will be my first Spring trip up there. Second trip planned for end of August/Labor Day in McClain State Park up past Houghton/Hancock. My summer plans include A WI State Forest area, 2 WI State Parks and 1 County Park. There goes all my vact time for 2017 Before I start venturing much past WI and UP I want a new vehicle which I hope to get in Fall of 2018. I would love to meet up with some other FunFinder owners in the future!
Sunflowergurl- Sounds like a great camping experience. My wife and I camped there last fall and ventured all the way the Bay Furnace and Pictured Rock National Camp Grounds. This year we plan on making a similar trip in the late fall (end of September) to Porcupine Mountain State Park. As for meeting up, I don't think it going to happen this year because my daughter wants to go camping near Kalamazoo in early May and we plan on going down to Florida in late May to look for a house.
__________________
2013 Highlander AWD
2010 Fun Finder 189FBR
Into Camping and RC Flying
twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:11 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowergurl View Post
Sounds like you might be in the lower part of MI which is not on my radar this year... I will be camping up in the UP of MI at Tahquamenon Falls State Park from May 25th thru May 29th. This will be my first Spring trip up there. Second trip planned for end of August/Labor Day in McClain State Park up past Houghton/Hancock. My summer plans include A WI State Forest area, 2 WI State Parks and 1 County Park. There goes all my vact time for 2017 Before I start venturing much past WI and UP I want a new vehicle which I hope to get in Fall of 2018. I would love to meet up with some other FunFinder owners in the future!
Hi! We will be camping at Wilderness SP Sept 11,12 then Fayette in the UP for two nights then Munising, Eagle River and Bewabic in September. Coming home on the 21st. So we will miss you.
__________________

__________________
2008 Fun Finder 189 FBR, (replaced by) 1996 Shasta 265DBFW April 2017.
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7 (replaced by.....)
2006 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax, crew cab
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Fun Finder RV, Cruiser RV, or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×