Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2016, 08:15 AM   #21

We're fortunate to be in the country on two acres. We have part of it fenced and had the trailer inside the fence until the big winds the other day. That had us worried since there are a lot of tall oak trees back there. So we pulled it outside the fence where there are no trees. But we can't see it from the house because the garage is in the way. We have a paved circle drive but we don't want to block that either. When it warms up some we will pull it up close to the garage and hook the electric up to clean it. It was used and pretty clean inside but the stainless steel appliances and sink look dingy. Also the sink traps are cobbled up with a bad job of silicone sealant. Ugly!

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by seismo101 View Post
Hello the wife and I are planning a trip to the joshua tree nat. park. We will be leaving on the 22nd of this month, leaving from Salt Lake City. We will spend our first night in Las Vegas at the oasis rv park. The next day we will travel on to the joshua tree park. Looking forward to this, it's been a long winter.
Keep us updated on your trip if you can. Wish it was warmer here! Although it is supposed to get into the low 50's on Sunday!

Old 02-27-2016, 11:14 AM   #23

73 here today☀️ and plan to go look at the camper this afternoon. Bought a battery operated fan today at Walmart and some cup hooks. Going to see if I can find a place to hang it so it'll blow on bed area. Also bought more organizing baskets for use around "kitchen" area or wherever! Hoping the weather continues to get warmer here!
Old 02-27-2016, 12:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas newbie View Post
73 here today☀️ and plan to go look at the camper this afternoon. Bought a battery operated fan today at Walmart and some cup hooks. Going to see if I can find a place to hang it so it'll blow on bed area. Also bought more organizing baskets for use around "kitchen" area or wherever! Hoping the weather continues to get warmer here!
I've been collecting some storage things too. Champing at the bit to get out there. I put one of those fan/ lights on my Amazon wish list...which is getting way too long. Amazing how many things you "need".
Old 02-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #25

Need or want?��. My list is always what I want and then I buy too much...thank goodness for $ tree! Besides I can always find space to use the extra in the house or at the office!��
⛺️
Old 02-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Need or want?��. My list is always what I want and then I buy too much...thank goodness for $ tree! Besides I can always find space to use the extra in the house or at the office!��
⛺️
When we retired to this house and suddenly sold the house downstate we ended up with duplicate everything. I need to have a big yard sale but I dread it. We did that downstate but brought the best stuff up here. So I can't justify buying any kitchen stuff. But big on my wish list is a Fantastic fan with rain sensor, an RV generator, a power tongue jack, a convection/microwave, and fabric to recover the dinette cushions and make valances, and cross bars for our roof rack so we can carry our kayaks. I need to play the lottery I guess.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #27

I made "slip" covers for the dinette back cushions -left the seats alone as they compliment the fabric on the backs. Same material was used for curtains for the dinette window, though I need to add a ruffle to the bottoms as I didn't measure correctly. Made matching throw pillows and pillow cases for our bed pillows although they are from a different patterns but same theme. Just bought some other material today to make more throw pillows, but not the same pattern/theme. Trying to figure out some way to make a "waterproof " toilet roll for the bathroom. Think I've found an idea of sorts from Pinterest and will try it out tomorrow. So looking forward to warmer weather that's consistent! It was 75 here today.��⛺️
Old 02-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #28

Quote:
Wife likes a fan blowing when sleeping. The Fantastic fan over the bed wasn't the total answer so bought a wall mounted, remote controlled electric fan and mounted it on the wall at the end of the bed. Just plug it in and it's ready to go.

Happy wife, happy life.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #29

Plug ins are few and far between, that's why the battery kind. Also, like that we can remove it and move it elsewhere. Air conditioner is VERY noisy s well.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #30

IN the XT276 there is a wall mount and 120V outlet on the wall at the foot of the bed to move the TV to. Since we never used it, it was the perfect place for the fan...which came with it's own mount as designed to be wall mounted. The arrangement worked perfectly for us.
Oh, and purchased the fan at a Menards store....last one they had on the shelf at the time several years ago.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:54 PM   #31

Wish we had that option for the tv! Have plug in under one of the dinette benches and under sink/burner area. Not much to be able to do with. I'll have to check out our Menard's when I get to town again, not sure when that will be as weekends are full between now and April with cleaning and get my Mom's house ready for auction.��⛺️
Old 02-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #32

Quote:
I made "slip" covers for the dinette back cushions -left the seats alone as they compliment the fabric on the backs. Same material was used for curtains for the dinette window, though I need to add a ruffle to the bottoms as I didn't measure correctly. Made matching throw pillows and pillow cases for our bed pillows although they are from a different patterns but same theme. Just bought some other material today to make more throw pillows, but not the same pattern/theme. Trying to figure out some way to make a "waterproof " toilet roll for the bathroom. Think I've found an idea of sorts from Pinterest and will try it out tomorrow. So looking forward to warmer weather that's consistent! It was 75 here today.��⛺️
Post some photos if you can. Our interior isn't terrible but it would be fun to do some sewing. I've picked the fabric but haven't ordered it yet.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:07 PM   #33

I'm looking at this fan on Amazon. Hope the link works.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QU70X7M..._CvL0wb9E09KPM
Old 02-27-2016, 07:08 PM   #34

Quote:
Post some photos if you can. Our interior isn't terrible but it would be fun to do some sewing. I've picked the fabric but haven't ordered it yet.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:23 PM   #35

I'll try, but I'm not real sure how to on the forum. If it's nice tomorrow I might at least take pics and then try to figure out the posting part. DH might make shelves for the closet for me as the hanging shelves are not holding up as well as I'd like them to. This weekend is my only "free" one for awhile.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:45 AM   #36

Quote:
I'll try, but I'm not real sure how to on the forum. If it's nice tomorrow I might at least take pics and then try to figure out the posting part. DH might make shelves for the closet for me as the hanging shelves are not holding up as well as I'd like them to. This weekend is my only "free" one for awhile.
See the "Galleries" tab up there? Click that.
Over on the right, under Log out click "create new album"
Give it a title and description and then click "submit".
Follow the directions for uploading pictures from your computer or other device.
Hope this helps.
As far as putting a photo in a thread; I have never been successful! I try to follow the directions but it still does not work for me.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:43 AM   #37

Thanks, will try it after I get pics!��⛺️
Old 02-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #38

Quote:
Wish we had that option for the tv! Have plug in under one of the dinette benches and under sink/burner area. Not much to be able to do with. I'll have to check out our Menard's when I get to town again, not sure when that will be as weekends are full between now and April with cleaning and get my Mom's house ready for auction.��⛺️
The wall mount, 3 speed, oscillating fan is very near identical to this one ~ not sure of the brand however and is quiet and works great. The remote is also handy to control the fan w/o getting up.

Robot Check

I added a 120V plug in under the dinette. It was simply, just ran a wire from the one plug in that was under the dinette to the other side under the seats. Your design may be different however.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post

Link worked find. Save the packaging in case you need to return it. My somewhat limited experience with 12v fans like that are they don't really move much air ~ far less than a 120 volt fan.

Anyway, hope it meets your needs.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:37 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post

Link worked fine. Save the packaging in case you need to return it. My somewhat limited experience with 12v fans like that are they don't really move much air ~ far less than a 120 volt fan.

Anyway, hope it meets your needs.