Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Posts: 11
Default

Thanks for all your responses. I almost admitted defeat in finding the valve to drain the water. At least 4 different times I crawled under the trailer looking for a valve to open. I even had my son-in-law look. I guess I focused on the word "underneath". Even with PieGuy's response I looked under the trailer where the dinette is located. I saw a couple hoses but no valves to open. Finally a neighbour suggested I look in the dinette seat compartment inside the trailer. Sure enough there was a little white valve. SO the water is now all drained. I'll refill it tomorrow after work! I'm not going to disinfect it this time since I know the trailer was used a few months ago. I am definitely ready to go camping this weekend! This is a steep learning curve!
__________________

ledyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:12 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,976
Default

Congratulations on your success!!

I am highly confident you will totally love your camper. "Life" in a hard sided camper is far superior to a tent as I well know after 'tenting it' for around 50 years before making the upgrade.

Don't hesitate to ask questions ~ ever. Those who 'have been there' can save you alot of heartache, disappointment and hair pulling.

Best on your weekend camping trip!

__________________

__________________
2012 Fun Finder XT 276 Toy Hauler & Harley Davidson Ultra Classic with Condor wheel chock
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 AT 4X4 Crew Cab 6.4 L Hemi, 373 gears, tow package, Rambox option, Revolver X2 tonneau cover, Equal-I-zer anti-sway hitch.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:12 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 72
Default

We've all been there. I look back at some of the things I've done and just shake my head. It's those little things that drive us crazy.
Glad you found it. On my old popup I ended up running a hose from the shut off to a shut off outside just so I didn't have to put up the popup just to drain the water when I forgot to drain it on the way home. At least with my FF can reach in and open it up.
Hope you have a great camping trip. Let us know how it goes.
__________________
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2002 Cruiser RV T-160
1985 Viking Lil gasser sold
"Skinny people are easier to kidnap...eat more pie"
PieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:43 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,056
Default

Trailering does involve a steep learning curve, but it levels off dramatically after the first few trips. Hang in there -- this will all become easy and fun, fairly soon!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
michellep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW TN
Posts: 488
Default

Welcome to the Forum!
Glad you joined us.

You've already had great information, so I will add nothing more except to wish you many happy and safe miles. Bet you have a short camping season, eh?

Drove to AK (from NW TN) a couple of years ago - cutting the corner of your absolutely stunning Territory! Looking to do it again next year!
I'll be asking for advice if I do!

Anyway, ask anything that comes to mind. Better to ask than screw it up. THAT is spoken from personal experience.
__________________
2018 Lance 1475
2013 Nissan Frontier, aka Pretty Red Truck
michellep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:41 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Posts: 11
Default

Thanks John - I am looking forward to trying out the trailer - I must admit the reasons I bought it was because the call of nature issue and having to unzip out of a sleeping bag and stumble out of my tent in the middle of the night (although at least it is day-light all night long) as well as the fact that the ground is definitely getting harder than it used to be and my back was beginning to complain!
ledyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:10 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 72
Default

Sleeping on the ground was getting old. Or at least I was getting too old to do it.
I do miss the smell and feel of a tent.
__________________
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2002 Cruiser RV T-160
1985 Viking Lil gasser sold
"Skinny people are easier to kidnap...eat more pie"
PieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:17 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
michellep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NW TN
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieGuy View Post
...I do miss the smell and feel of a tent.
.
.

And here I thought I was the only one who missed that! But not enough to do it again. I can visit young tenters.

Maybe the new quick-up screen tent will invoke old smells...
.
__________________
2018 Lance 1475
2013 Nissan Frontier, aka Pretty Red Truck
michellep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:52 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledyukon View Post
Thanks John - I am looking forward to trying out the trailer - I must admit the reasons I bought it was because the call of nature issue and having to unzip out of a sleeping bag and stumble out of my tent in the middle of the night (although at least it is day-light all night long) as well as the fact that the ground is definitely getting harder than it used to be and my back was beginning to complain!
Yup ~ same reason I chose a camper over a tent. The ground got to hard, the air mattress always went flat middle of the night and rest room trips became a huge hassle and camping in 3 days of rain is NOT NICE!

Return to a tent .....NEVER!
__________________
2012 Fun Finder XT 276 Toy Hauler & Harley Davidson Ultra Classic with Condor wheel chock
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 AT 4X4 Crew Cab 6.4 L Hemi, 373 gears, tow package, Rambox option, Revolver X2 tonneau cover, Equal-I-zer anti-sway hitch.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:58 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
John_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledyukon View Post
Thanks for all your responses. I almost admitted defeat in finding the valve to drain the water. At least 4 different times I crawled under the trailer looking for a valve to open. I even had my son-in-law look. I guess I focused on the word "underneath". Even with PieGuy's response I looked under the trailer where the dinette is located. I saw a couple hoses but no valves to open. Finally a neighbour suggested I look in the dinette seat compartment inside the trailer. Sure enough there was a little white valve. SO the water is now all drained. I'll refill it tomorrow after work! I'm not going to disinfect it this time since I know the trailer was used a few months ago. I am definitely ready to go camping this weekend! This is a steep learning curve!
Yep, Yep... I scrounged through every compartment and found the tank drain valve underneath the bed and the hot and cold water hose drains (TWO CAPS) under the trailer... Ya gotta love it... like hunting Easter Eggs...
__________________

__________________
Happy Camping,
John (JC)

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2008 CruiserRV FunFinder Xtra XT-190 Toy Hauler
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.