Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2017, 07:51 PM   #1

Default Hello From Florida

Hope this isn't a second post. I tried earlier, but it didn't go through.

We're Alfred & Judy, and we have retired in Florida. Today, we picked up our 2015 Fun Finder 210UDS from a private seller. He was really nice and helpful. I love the layout of this model, but the interior storage is limited. I'm planning on keeping the laundry basket in the shower and the kitchen waste container in the bathroom. It would be easy to take them out of the bathroom when we use the bathroom facilities. If anyone has any storage tips, or any other tips, please share them with me. I am all ears. Anyway, I'm enjoying this forum.

Judy

iuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #2
Site Team

Our 210 WBS has a similar floor plan to yours. We keep a bin in the tub for the dirty clothes and use a small wastebasket on the other side of the door for the trash. Like a bathroom wastebasket for the house (which it is) that's probably 3 gallon or so capacity. And it's sort of rectangular-ish shape not round so it fits better. Just have to empty it a bit more often.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuki View Post
Hope this isn't a second post. I tried earlier, but it didn't go through.

We're Alfred & Judy, and we have retired in Florida. Today, we picked up our 2015 Fun Finder 210UDS from a private seller. He was really nice and helpful. I love the layout of this model, but the interior storage is limited. I'm planning on keeping the laundry basket in the shower and the kitchen waste container in the bathroom. It would be easy to take them out of the bathroom when we use the bathroom facilities. If anyone has any storage tips, or any other tips, please share them with me. I am all ears. Anyway, I'm enjoying this forum.

Judy
I have opened up storage under the fridge, the bottom section under the bathroom sink, added shelves above the closet rods in the front wardrobes, and added storage cubes for under our dinette table. Pictures of the dinette are in my Gallery of our 210UDS if that helps. Silverado
Old 08-20-2017, 01:06 PM   #4

Thank you LJAZ and Silverado for the tips.

Silverado, I saw your album. Very nice photos. You certainly had a great road trip.

Again - Thanks.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:24 PM   #5

Welcome!

I never noticed that having a slide means giving up some cabinet space. We put in two drawers under the bed and left a big, shallow storage area over them accessible lifting the end of the bed. The drawers are big enough that each of us can put all our folding clothes in them for a week, and we left the hanging space for shirts and stuff we didn't want wrinkled.

There is a lot of unused space under our refrigerator so we just blocked off the area actually used by wiring and use that for stuff like the refrigerator bars, some tools, and a collapsing broom. But we already had a door under ours. Looks like yours doesn't. If you choose to see if you have space there, you can gently push on that panel. If it's like ours, it's only held on with tiny, short, staples. But if it is full of wiring, it will be hard to get the panel back on like it was.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:51 PM   #6

This doesn't have anything to do with storage, but if your refrigerator/freezer didn't come with ice trays, these little ice trays from The Container Store fit perfectly on either shelf and they have a lid to keep sloshing to a minimum while traveling. Plus the lid keeps that funky freezer taste out of the ice.

I also bought a Rubbermaid food container that is the same size as the ice tray. Place the ice tray upside down over the Rubbermaid and give it a twist and all the ice falls in the container. Nothing hops out onto the floor.

When we were prepping for a trip, I'd fill the Rubbermaid container with ice from my house ice maker and fill the two trays I had and put them in the RV freezer. It takes my freezer about 10 hours to make hard ice in the summer. But if I made two trays of ice in the morning and 2 more in the evening, that along with the ice I brought, kept us in ice.
Attached Thumbnails
FFIce1.jpg   FFIce2.jpg  
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #7

Thanks Marti! Didn't know they had ice cube trays with lids. I welcome ALL tips - not just storage tips. I'll look for those.

Old 06-30-2018, 12:41 PM   #8

Hi everyone -

Just wanted to say that due to health issues, we’re having to sell my Fun Finder 2015, 210 UDS. I did get to use it twice, 4 nights at Disney’s Fort Wilderness, and 5 nights in St. Augustine.

The stove has never been used, and we have kept it undercover. If any of you know someone that might be interested, we do have clear title.

Nadaguides Base Price Low retail $15,500; average retail $19,000. Just wanted to share this info with people who know the product.

Happy Trails to all of you.

Sadly,
Judy (aka iuki)
Old 06-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #9

Didn’t know how to delete this post. So sorry