Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
roy

Default Any idea how to mount a TV slide mount back onto a wall?

It was originally mounted with two 1/2" wood screws. Not going to work, first time I slid the TV down into the wall mount it all just pull loose out of the wall. NW I have two holes in the wall board which is flimsy something type wood. Behind that is styro foam and the The fiberglass outer shell. So back to the original question how do I remount the TV wall slide back into the flimsy wall and it stay there?

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #2

Default Re: Any idea how to mount a TV slide mount back onto a wall?

Here are a few ideas.

http://www.doityourselfrv.com/rv-tv-mount-installation/

2003 7.3 Ford Excursion Diesel 4x4
2011 250 Ford Super Duty
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-O...hp7nmAm9PM.jpg
mooneybeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
roy

All of those methods are good if you have wood in your Rv. Not the case with a cruiser wall. Its 1/4" flimsy wood with styro foam behind it then the fiberglass exterior wall. The depth is maybe a 1/2" that you can safely use before you start punching through the fiberglass exterior wall.

I used the plastic Sheetrock inserts yesterday. I lightly tapped them in the existing hole the. Put the TV mount up and used the existing wood screws into the plastic wall sleeves. I mounted the TV and it appears this will hold. I didn't do pull ups on it but it seemed solid enough. I wouldn't keep the tv there during transport just don't trust it that much. Btw the mount that failed is in the back room on a 276. The main TV mount in the living area has not been a problem yet. The wall mount over front bedroom area is as bad as the mount in the back room. I know it will pull out just from using my hand to pull on it. Cruiser mounted it the same flimsy way as the back room mount, 1/2" wood screw into a 1/4" flimsy wood wall with no back support behind the flimsy wood wall.

Terrible thought process on this IMO. No way is it strong enough to suppoort a TV like they had it.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #4

Default TV mount

Roy-
I feel your pain with poor CruiserRV workmanship. But you can read plenty about that elsewhere. Most of us just acknowledge that the RV industry does everything on the cheap and we just figure out a way to deal with it.
We live in California but took delivery on a brand new FundFinder in Michigan and made a great trip out of it. My flat screen TV ripped off its mount two days down the road. Same short wood screws as yours in the same 1/8" thick luan plywood wall. The empty medicine cabinet fell off a day after that! Same type of mounting. Luckily, my TV could put back up by using a bolt and nut arrangement through the interior wall (unlike your exterior wall installation.) I put the medicine cabinet back up the same was you did your TV. 6000 miles later they are still holding.
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote