Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2017, 05:27 PM   #1

Default TV Mounting Advice

I have an '06 189FBR and I really want to use this TV in it. The TV measures 23" wide x 21 1/2" high (with the legs, 19 without) and 10" deep. It is a birthday present from my wife that I didn't sell when we sold our canned ham. This thing is 24", full 1080p and has an incredible picture and sound. I have a 19" flat screen in there now, but it's a bit lacking compared to this one. The factory TV opening is 18 w x 16 h. I thought about modifying the bunk area to mount it up there, but that would make it impossible for both of us to see it from the dinette. If any of you have any ideas, I would love to hear them. Modifying cabinets is not an issue - it's what I do for a living.

Jwh92020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:07 AM   #2

Hi, this is how I mounted my TV which is also 24 in. I put it at the foot of the bed on an articulated Mount so I can swing out into the living area. Ours is probably thinner than yours, so I don't know if this would work for you, but if it does here you go. Please let me know if it works and you use it.

how I mounted a 24 inch TV in my 18 foot camper - click here

Liz

2008 189FBR

Old 09-30-2017, 06:06 PM   #3

Liz- I like the look of your mount set up. How do you secure the TV while driving? I went with a flip down mount for now. It works great, and since I don't cook a lot, having over the sink hasn't been an issue. I may look at changing it when the wife starts going with me.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:59 PM   #4

Since it is against the wall, I just have to eye hooks in the wall and a bungee across the TV.

Your setup is interesting, I don't think I have that much room on my sink...?

Liz
Old 09-30-2017, 07:13 PM   #5

If I need to use the sink, I can just flip the TV up. If we were going to cook, I'd cover the screen. I thought about mounting the TV on the door above the sink (actually, using a piece of plywood rather than putting holes in the door). Even with the door open, there would be about 3" between the TV and the ac unit. It might be too high to be comfortable to watch though. Since I installed the TV, I added speakers (the TV speakers shot straight down, sound was kind of ehhh) at the ceiling on the wall just to the right of the bathroom door and to the right of the microwave. I have my satellite receiver and a small audio amp in the cabinet above the frig. I ran the antenna wire to the frig cabinet in a white wire channel on the ceiling.The wire channel looks like it is part of the trailer and the sound rocks!
Old 09-30-2017, 07:37 PM   #6

First, here are the pictures of my TV restraint.

Second you can run your TV to the existing media stereo center and existing indoor and outdoor speakers and antenna very very simply. Right under the stove, is where the cable connection to outside is. If you disconnect that you then have a coax cable that runs all the way through the trailer and under the shower to the media center. Now you can connect to that wire and run your TV to the media center. I probably need diagram this because I'm probably not going to make sense.

Buy this RCA analog to digital converter for $8 and mount it near your media center. It will take one coax input (antenna) and one red yellow white RCA connection (from the DVD / radio). The antenna coax can run through the booster and then to your television. The booster takes one coax input and three coax outputs (2 in the back, 1 in the front) I can't remember if I put the booster before or after the RCA converter. Anyway, that way you won't have to have wires all over your ceiling and you can use the existing speakers and antenna.

I can draw a diagram if you want, maybe, assuming I remember exactly what I did LOL. I ran the media center coaxial cable and the cable coaxial cable separately up to the opposite side of the wall by the stove and made a connection panel instead of using an A B switch because we rarely watch TV and when we do we rarely have cable.

Let me know what you think of this!

Liz
Attached Thumbnails
StormDoor7_1610_cw2.jpg   TVMount3_1610_cw2.jpg  
PaintyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:43 PM   #7

Rereading your post, you probably don't want to use the existing speakers, they're not that good. However you do have exterior speakers that way. Also a DVD player although again if you're like my son you don't own any DVDs anymore LOL. So take my information for what it's worth which is exactly what you paid for it LOL

Liz
PaintyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:55 PM   #8

I appreciate the info. My outdoor speakers are toast. One was never sealed at the factory and water leaked in around it up until 2 months ago. That was some serious repair work. I covered the hole for now. The rear sounds bad, so I'm leaving (since it is now well sealed) until I get new speakers. I plan to replace the interior speakers as well, so the original system works in case I ever sell it. I have a portable satellite dish that I carry and I stream the Dish Anywhere app or Netflix on my tablet, so the DVD player won't get any use from me. I tied the cable line to the antenna line behind the amplified wall plate in the cabinet and put it on one side of an A/B switch in the cabinet where the antenna crank handle is. I added a small amp for the antenna in there as well and ran the antenna line to it, and a jumper to the A/B switch, so I still have the option to use either via 1 cable to the TV. I added a separate coax connector for the satellite dish on the outside wall behind the cabinet above the sink. All my wires to the TV run thru that cabinet in a wire loom and are attached to the back wall so I didn't lose any storage space.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:42 PM   #9

Yeah, see, I knew that! My husband and I are dinosaurs, not only do we have our dvds we have the ones our sons got rid of LOL. and we never watch ANY of them!! LOL

Liz