Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2021, 11:54 AM   #1

Default new to TT world 2010 shadow cruiser 185FBS

Hi all. We’re former pop-up people who just purchased a 2010 Shadow Criuser 185FBS. I have no manuals, and would love to find an experienced owner who can answer some questions! We’re in NC, and haven’t taken the camper out yet. Thanks!

Pugmark77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:51 PM   #2

Welcome to the club! The good news is that the manual for the trailer itself is absolutely useless, so you won’t miss it. The better news is that there are online manuals for each of the subsystems on board, such as the refrigerator and the water heater and so forth.

Just figure out which model of (let’s say) refrigerator you have, go to the manufacturer’s website, and download the manual. Even if that particular manual is unavailable, it’s often the case that the more recent manuals are still valid, in large part.

And if you have questions, just post them right here – – us old-timers love to answer them, instead of doing the things that we are supposed to be doing (like household chores or work).

Old 01-10-2021, 07:36 PM   #3

Congratulations on the new trailer. Yes the owners manuals are pretty general for any trailer. They don’t usually make one for each model. I can scan mine in the the computer and email it to you if you want. Send me your email address. I have a Fun Finder 229 VSD. But it is not specific to my model. Cruiser RV should have a download section to get manuals from.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:18 AM   #4

Thanks, the issue right now is that I cannot find any low drain ports except the one on the fresh water tank. I have two sets of paired, white uncapped PVC pipes , one near the refrigerator and one set near the waste port, but nothing that looks like a valve of any kind. I’m flummoxed, as I have crawled all under this thing. No mean feat for a 65 year old woman!
Pugmark77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:26 AM   #5

Pug, I can't answer that question, but I have a suggestion -- get a creeper for working under the trailer! I use mine all the time -- it pays for itself very quickly, when you calculate all the money you won't be spending on pain pills after a long day of working on your back under the trailer!

Here is a link that might get you started:

https://www.autozone.com/creepers-an...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 01-30-2021, 01:54 PM   #6

Plus 1,000 on using a creeper!

I worked as a mechanic for many years so a natural choice for me.

By all means --- get a creeper when looking/working under the camper.

As they say "The pain ain't worth the gain" especially for we seniors.