Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2020, 06:06 PM   #1

Default Winterizing questions for 1st timer. 2007 Funfinder X

Greetings to you all..... wanted to ask about the process of winterizing regarding draining the hot water heater and the location of the “low point” valves on 2007 FunFinder X? Also after looking at the hot water system I think I have the “bypass type” set up but I’m just not sure I need to fill lines with antifreeze here in Oregon? I guess I need to buy an air compressor to properly blow out any remaining water in the system via the fresh water valve but do I need also to buy some kind of fitting for that process? Any suggestions on winterizing would be greatly appreciated to care for our home away from home. Thank you in advance.

Mountbaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:21 AM   #2

Ther is a bypass valve for your water tank, switch it to bypass and drain you water tank. Yes you can blow your system out but I find it much easier to fill the system with RV Antifreeze. Takes me 5 minutes to winterize like this or a lot longer blowing it out with a possibility of freezing. Another plus to Antifreeze is the lubricating properties in the formula which is designed for your pumps, valves , gaskets and rubbers like the ones in your toilet. I leave a few ounces covering the flush valve and have never had a problem with any of the plumbing in my RVs.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:37 AM   #3

Good information Silverado. We are also new to our 2007 FunFinder XT200. Just winterized for the first time. Used air. But could not find the low water drains. Did you find yours Mountbaily? Thanks.
WillyCabin07 is offline   Reply With Quote