Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2016, 01:34 PM   #1

Default hot water heater issue.

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2009 X210 used and when I took it out of winter storage, I fired up the hot water heater not knowing the bypass was selected. It ran for about 5 minutes without water in the heater (it was drained when winterized) and now I cannot get it restarted. The light by the hot water switch near the sink doesn't come on, but the main panel fuse is good.

Also, my fridge runs excellent on Propane, but won't run on electric when I'm hooked up. Any thoughts or suggestions? I have the "automatic" setting selected.

Appreciate the help.
Cheers,
BP

Bapmannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:40 AM   #2

Default power issues

Hi there,

just read your post and can offer some thoughts,

Check to see if your refrigerator is plugged into the 110v outlet in the compartment in back of the fridge. Mine ran on gas for several weeks because the prior owner had unplugged it. It will continue to run on propane because it gets 12v from the battery system.

On the water heater, are you trying to heat with gas or electric? The gas is supposed to have a check to prevent it from running when the tank is drained. The electric will cook the elements if run when empty - which then have to be replaced.

hageer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #3

Hmmm. . . okay here goes nothing:
1. Water Heater - may have fried the heating element. Need to replace.

2. Refrigerator - dumb question, How do you know that it's not running on electric (when hooked to shore power). Usually, in the "Automatic" mode, when plugged in to shore power, the light is on, the refrigerator cools. Unless of course you can tell the pilot light is lit for the refrigerator. Check breaker panel/fuses.
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:44 AM   #4

One way to know if the fridge will run on electric is to close the valves on the propane tanks.

And vice versa, open the outside compartment and unplug the 120V cord to see if you can force it to propane operation.
gmw photographics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw photographics View Post
One way to know if the fridge will run on electric is to close the valves on the propane tanks.

And vice versa, open the outside compartment and unplug the 120V cord to see if you can force it to propane operation.
Hi gmw...
Just a thought, in addition to the good old manual check method...
In review of my frig, there is a push button above the frig door that says AUTO... GAS. By placing mine in GAS, the frig operates on propane only, when in AUTO it defaults to electric (120 vac) and will go to gas when electricity is lost.

BP, did you get a frig manual with your purchase; if so, look for your model number in the little booklet and it should tell you where to set the switches... Anyway... Just a thought??

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #6

I was having trouble getting pressure from my hot water tank also. I discovered that the one way valve entering the cold side of the tank was faulty and blocking water going in and coming out.

twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water heater fridge